Advice Request What's my IP address when I access the web via LTE?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Surely, my IP address must change each time I start a net session via cellular/LTE on my iPad?

If so, then cellular/LTE browsing is more secure to do naughty things...šŸ˜Ž

• HaHa
Reactions: byronbytes

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
Surely, my IP address must change each time I start a net session via cellular/LTE on my iPad?

It depends on what country you live in. Some have pretty good enforcing mechanisms to weed out the naughty ones ( search for "five eyes"). Some countries have pro active firewalls to prevent such things from happening. ISP will keep a log of dynamic ip address given out and the time period it was leased, so be careful, dynamic IP address won't protect you from the clutches of Law enforcement agencies.

Reactions: MuzzMelbourne
F

ForgottenSeer 94654

You can use an IP address revolver service that cycles through IP addresses in real-time on a PC, to include multi-hop.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
No, it is not, not even a VPN and TOR connection are a "Get out of Jail Free" card, oh well, good luck.

MuzzMelbourne

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 13, 2022
Uh huh, of course. Cellnet provider is your ISP, its all traceable.

We, Australia, are part of 'The Five Eyes'.

Doh! Some 'techie' I am...

• HaHa
Reactions: Nevi and Brahman

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.