Battle What's the best antivirus to use with Comodo Firewall?

minegroasprilla

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 21, 2014
Hi.
I've used Comodo Firewall for years and I like it.
So, I need to know What's the best antivirus to use with Comodo Firewall?.
(Compatible, strong protection and different to Windows Defender).

Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I've noticed that with CFW, I can't open windows defender security center, it always disappear when open it but it still working in background and detect infection ??!
any one facing this
Windows ver. 1703 x64

That's a known issue. It happened to me, but since I don't use Windows Defender when running Comodo it did not bother me. You can either unistall Comodo FW and the Windows Defender security center should be back online or just ignore it "Since as you said, and like it happened to me; it is still running in the background".

technology

Level 7
Verified
Jul 5, 2013
That's a known issue. It happened to me, but since I don't use Windows Defender when running Comodo it did not bother me. You can either unistall Comodo FW and the Windows Defender security center should be back online or just ignore it "Since as you said, and like it happened to me; it is still running in the background".
thnx darko for reply, im already ignoring it but what surprise me that was a known bug and comodo since releasing last version didn't release ahot fix for that issue, but as usual its comodo :D

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I would go for the whole comodo internet security suite and tweak the av module a bit , not that you really need it when you have the firewall component configured with cruelsisters settings ;)but just incase and to scan once in a while , like @novocaine commented before comodo av has become better in detecting things. I have configured cis with cs settings and have mbae running alongside without any problems. the choices are vast you are the one in charge , just tryout a couple of configs and see for yourself what you are most comfortable with and suits your needs! :)

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
Really no need of any AV along Comodo Firewall and no need of CIS (av component only slow down pc without add nothing in protection) but if you are an AV fanboy go for avast free with CF.

Reactions: bribon77 and Rengar

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.