Battle What's the best antivirus to use with Comodo Firewall?

minegroasprilla

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 21, 2014
Hi.
I've used Comodo Firewall for years and I like it.
So, I need to know What's the best antivirus to use with Comodo Firewall?.
(Compatible, strong protection and different to Windows Defender).

Last edited:

VeeekTor

Level 5
Verified
May 16, 2017
I find my PC is faster with another AV to replace Windows defender...

Comodo Firewall causes a very minor slow down, nut hardly noticeable.

I have tried lots of AV's with Comodo FW... Ones that work best for me are Avast Pro AV, Bullguard AV, Kaspersky AV, F-secure AV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AtlBo and Evandro

manhtom

Level 1
Verified
Feb 14, 2016
Reactions: AtlBo

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Avast is more refined, while 360 might be the better companion for Comodo overall. I am running the setup on different PCs, and I like the 360/Comodo combination better. Problem is if you aren't in the mood to do things like disable PromoUtil.exe in 360 and then pitch in a little bit with its development via Feedback, the 360 experience could be lost in feeling development is happening without you.

Overall, I would say 360 for performance, Avast for maturity. Using 360 for about 5 years now, it's a robust development project, and I expect we'll see big improvements for v10. It's already good.

Anker_by

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2015
Well some year ago i have used Avast AV with Comodo FW with no problems , but now im trying Xvirus FW, Avast AV Free with VS, works perfectly...In my opinion depends on config... and also i using protection on Chrome.

Reactions: AtlBo

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
If you have an SSD you should use Windows Defender period. If you have a regular HDD then Windows Defender may use a lot of it, then I don't know what to recommend. Personally I have tweaked Comodo FW to be as strong as possible and I don't use any other AV alongside. Sometimes you just have to use that free performance when possible heh ;)

amir 957

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Avast free is the best partner for Cmodo Firewall;)
It's got perfect database, Behaviour Blocker, WebShield and so on
Emsisoft Anti malware is good too but you must buy a licanse for it

Reactions: Evandro

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
If system performance is effected to the point it is quite noticeable to you running WD with CFW then as others have suggested, just use CFW with no AV, maybe add a on demand scanner or two for second opinions.

nclr11111

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Feb 25, 2011
- Comodo FW configured with Autosandbox enabled to protect you from nasties online
- AppCheck to protect you from Ransomwares
- MBRFilter if using free AppCheck
- UBlock Origin and HTTPS-Everywhere as browseraddons to save you from your browser!
- Avast or other AV of your choice and backups to protect you from yourself!
- And don´t forget making sure UAC is enabled and maybe not login as admin. Both are good at protecting you.....

On the other hand you get a long way just by configuring CFW correctly and make sure to do backups....

Your choice!
// NcLr

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
- Comodo FW configured with Autosandbox enabled to protect you from nasties online
- AppCheck to protect you from Ransomwares
- MBRFilter if using free AppCheck
- UBlock Origin and HTTPS-Everywhere as browseraddons to save you from your browser!
- Avast or other AV of your choice and backups to protect you from yourself!
- And don´t forget making sure UAC is enabled and maybe not login as admin. Both are good at protecting you.....

On the other hand you get a long way just by configuring CFW correctly and make sure to do backups....

Your choice!
// NcLr
You really don't need Appcheck to protect yourself from Ransomeware. CFW and CIS configured properly does this already. No need to add additional software if not needed.

jasonX

Level 9
Apr 13, 2012
Have tried,

1. Avast Free + CIS Firewall with HIPS
2. Avira Free + CIS Firewall with HIPS
3. EAM + CIS Firewall with HIPS

Of the 3, I liked EAM + CIS Firewall with HIPS and then later on turned off CIS's HIPS and let EAM's BB takeover. Avast Free + CIS Firewall with HIPS is second for me (if FREE is to be considered).

:)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.