Your annual cost of security software for Windows?

  • $0 / FREE

    Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Up to $20

    Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Up to $40

    Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Up to $60

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Up to $80

    Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Up to $100

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • More than $100

    Votes: 1 1.2%

  • Total voters
    81
On Windows? & On Linux? & On iOS/Mac? Overall, I would have probably spent hundreds to thousands over the many years trying to be secure. What a waste! These days the only expense I really have are vpn's/anti exec/adblock/dns filtering because they are worth it, anymore is just a waste of money! Compared to 10/15 years ago there are some very good free software available like WindowsDefender/WFC/Hard Configurator/AdguardDns/NextDns that protects you without costing and arm and a leg!
 
£7:99 for Norton a few weeks back & I pay for OS Armor, atoll have licences or two others AV's have licences for a couple of VPN's - All pales into insignificance on what I pay for music playing gear - I'm not going to be stingy to my self with software, if I want something & I get fun out of it I buy it without embarrassment.
 
My F-Secure SAFE license expired a few months ago and I've stuck to the MS OS supplied protection, making use of certain hardening techniques, thanks @ AndyFul. This has worked fine as far as I know, I do regular onine AV scans to check - ESET usually. The expenditure is for a few VPN subscriptions got at reduced rates by shopping around. I have other things like Adguard, but that is a lifetime license bought a few years back.
 
$0, got the 4 years F-Secure license via the promo/giveaway thread on this forum.
That was a 3 year license :) (got it too)

 
That was a 3 year license :) (got it too)


Forum members shared some more codes later on with 6 months, 3 months validity which made it nearly 4 years F-secure subscription.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top