What's your average annual cost for Windows protection?

Your annual cost of security software for Windows?

• $0 / FREE

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Up to $20

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Up to $40

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Up to $60

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Up to $80

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Up to $100

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • More than $100

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
On Windows? & On Linux? & On iOS/Mac? Overall, I would have probably spent hundreds to thousands over the many years trying to be secure. What a waste! These days the only expense I really have are vpn's/anti exec/adblock/dns filtering because they are worth it, anymore is just a waste of money! Compared to 10/15 years ago there are some very good free software available like WindowsDefender/WFC/Hard Configurator/AdguardDns/NextDns that protects you without costing and arm and a leg!

Sorrento

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 7, 2021
£7:99 for Norton a few weeks back & I pay for OS Armor, atoll have licences or two others AV's have licences for a couple of VPN's - All pales into insignificance on what I pay for music playing gear - I'm not going to be stingy to my self with software, if I want something & I get fun out of it I buy it without embarrassment.

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
My F-Secure SAFE license expired a few months ago and I've stuck to the MS OS supplied protection, making use of certain hardening techniques, thanks @ AndyFul. This has worked fine as far as I know, I do regular onine AV scans to check - ESET usually. The expenditure is for a few VPN subscriptions got at reduced rates by shopping around. I have other things like Adguard, but that is a lifetime license bought a few years back.

Pat MacKnife

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 14, 2015
$0, got the 4 years F-Secure license via the promo/giveaway thread on this forum.
That was a 3 year license :) (got it too)

Virtuoso

Level 3
Feb 21, 2022
That was a 3 year license :) (got it too)

Forum members shared some more codes later on with 6 months, 3 months validity which made it nearly 4 years F-secure subscription.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.