Advice Request What's your thoughts on Brave Browser?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The speed of a browser is influenced by how many elements it is loading on the webpage you are using to test it.
If you block more elements, you will get more speed, on any browser. There are browser extensions that can do that, or you can use native Chrome settings, like I do.

I agree with those posters who were concerned about slow security updates for Chromium browsers. If security is your number one concern then use Chrome or Edge.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
You avoided the question, How outdated is Opera compared to Chrome?
Very. It's on 71.0.3578.80 which was released on December 4th.

Like all Chromium clones it's WAY behind in security updates
Way is a bit of a stretch. It's literally one Chromium update behind.

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
That's wrong this time, Brave Release Channel v0.59.34 "Upgraded Chromium to 72.0.3626.81. (#3146) released this Feb 1, 2019"
My answer was in reference to Opera. @Spawn asked how outdated Opera was compared to Chrome.

Brave Release Channel v0.59.34 "Upgraded Chromium to 72.0.3626.81. (#3146) released this Feb 1, 2019"
Also you missed a Brave release: Release Channel v0.60.45 - Upgraded Chromium to 72.0.3626.109

v0.60.47 will be released shortly too, which I expect will upgrade Chromium to its latest version.

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Tried Brave but not totally happy with it, difficult to find a cleaner that supports it & for reasons unclear it just doesn't feel right - Vivaldi is great, I have an issue at the moment with very very narrow unusable tabs, the tab width slider used to work fine but now does nothing, must contact support. Yandex is an interesting browser, for me it's maybe the slickest browser Ive ever used, not so sure of it's heritage though - However using it now, maybe will end up with Chrome again? I really like Opera & my alternative browser (Detest MS Edge it's clunky & feels like a browser 20 years ago on Windows 95)

Last edited:

Kubla

Level 8
Verified
Jan 22, 2017
I use Brave as my main desktop browser and mobile browser I am not a "whole lot of bells and whistles" type, so it fits my needs perfectly.

Its built in security/privacy features with Adguard desktop over the top limits my need for extensions to just a password manager.

Last edited:

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Tried Brave but not totally happy with it, difficult to find a cleaner that supports it & for reasons unclear it just doesn't feel right - Vivaldi is great...

Yeah, me too on the Brave just not feeling quite right. Sometimes you need to give things a chance... we all become creatures of habit. And sometimes you just need to move on..

Long ago, I gave Comodo Dragon a long trial... trying to get used to it. It just was not that great. I was relieved to dump it and move on.

When I started using Chrome.... I liked it pretty much immediately.

Must look at Vivaldi. Multiple positive comments in this forum..

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
So true for me. I keep coming back to Edge for security, simplicity, nice UI. I realize I am in a minority on this one. Oh well ... :barefoot::barefoot::barefoot: I could be in the pay of MS! :sneaky:
After recently moving to Windows 10, I found that I like Edge (with uBO) enough that I'm currently using it as my only backup for Firefox :cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.