Advice Request When to change keyboard Keycaps?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I have Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, which I bought in 2018.
I read about Amazon.com: HyperX Pudding Keycaps - Double Shot PBT Keycap Set with Translucent Layer, for Mechanical Keyboards, Full 104 Key Set, OEM Profile, English (US) Layout - White: Computers & Accessories.

I was wondering if I buy that, would I feel more comfortable when typing with the new keys? Thanks for your input. I have never changed or used any Keycaps before.
And Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 I bought in 2018 is my first professional keyboard.

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
I have Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2, which I bought in 2018.
I read about Amazon.com: HyperX Pudding Keycaps - Double Shot PBT Keycap Set with Translucent Layer, for Mechanical Keyboards, Full 104 Key Set, OEM Profile, English (US) Layout - White: Computers & Accessories.

I was wondering if I buy that, would I feel more comfortable when typing with the new keys? Thanks for your input. I have never changed or used any Keycaps before.
And Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 I bought in 2018 is my first professional keyboard.

amirr

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
@SumTingWong You are very correct, but also:

"Why should you change your mechanical keyboard keycaps?

Old and worn out keycaps.
This is the most obvious reason for changing keycaps. There is a high chance the keycaps on your mechanical keyboards are made with ABS. This commonly found material doesn’t last as long and fades relatively fast. We will discuss other keycaps materials in this post.

Typing feels and profile.
Keycaps have different profiles, and they can subtly affect the typing feels. Some keyboard enthusiasts notice a big difference when they change keycaps. Keycaps can be textured and stiff, while others can be described as wet and slippery.

The profile of your keyboard can affect the way you type. It can reduce some stress while working. You may find different keycap profiles to be well suited for typing or gaming."
Ultimate guide on keyboard keycaps:All you need to know. : varmilo

Last edited:
Reactions: Nevi and Venustus

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.