Which antivirus do you dislike? And why?

  • ESET

    Votes: 13 6.2%
  • Comodo

    Votes: 20 9.6%
  • Kaspersky

    Votes: 30 14.4%
  • Norton

    Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Avast

    Votes: 12 5.7%
  • TrendMicro

    Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Bitdefender

    Votes: 30 14.4%
  • AVG

    Votes: 39 18.7%
  • Microsoft

    Votes: 52 24.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

    Votes: 16 7.7%
  • Total voters
    209
Status
Not open for further replies.
Littlebits said:
Defender said:
I Hate Microsoft Security Products MSE,Windows defender, etc.

1.Awful detection rate

2.makes boot time really slow

3.is overall a horrible product and i would not reccomend it
Detection rate based on what, the money influenced AV testing sites?
Many of my customers are fully protected by it and never get infections.

This is the first time I have ever heard MSE/ Windows Defender makes boot time slow, if it does then that means any other AV product would make boot time twice as slow or even more.

I have MSE installed on an old XP system from 2002 with only running a Intel Pentium 4 1.6Mhz and only 256 RAM. No slow down on boot time.

MSE a horrible product based on what?

Read this- Microsoft Security Essentials Is the Number 1 Anti-Virus in the World

The AV testing sites still can not encourage MSE/ Windows Defender users to switch because it does protect them.

I'm sorry a horrible product would not be that popular with users.

People need to stop giving so much credit to AV testing sites because money controls the results not actual facts.

Thanks.:D
MSE do not detect many threads

it is never suitable to pc which often use external devices

Detection rate based on what, the money influenced AV testing sites?
Many of my customers are fully protected by it and never get infections.

i think your comment based on .....
 
P

Plexx

maheshsenadheera said:
MSE do not detect many threads

it is never suitable to pc which often use external devices

Detection rate based on what, the money influenced AV testing sites?
Many of my customers are fully protected by it and never get infections.

i think your comment based on money from the microsoft :D
If you think MSE doesn't detect many threats, do this test: Run it for 3 months as you would be normally with any solution and then come back with the results and screenshots/logs.

If we are strictly talking about on the wild infections, nothing beats ClamAV in its low detection rates for starters.

MSE is still number 1 solution for Gamers for many reasons and you will hardly see them asking in how to disinfect the system. Most either know how to disinfect in case of an infection or simply don't get infected.

MSE issues is not the detection. It is the slow removal speed (pre-windows 8 version that is since I have not used much the latest version).

There is users across the globe with infections and ask for assistance. They run other solutions for example such as McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and what not. Why do they get infected? 95% of the time, Solution is not updated and bad browsing habits/running anything that appears on screen without reading properly and the list goes on.. 5%: bad luck.

Not considering the users here who like or dislike some solutions but are advanced in terms of security, majority of the simply go with the flow or are what is called fanboys. This is an indication of inexperience and being biased.
 

Spawn

Administrator
Verified
Staff member
In that case, the PC user must improve protection without changing antivirus software.

maheshsenadheera said:
MSE do not detect many threads

it is never suitable to pc which often use external devices
 
Biozfear said:
If you think MSE doesn't detect many threats, do this test: Run it for 3 months as you would be normally with any solution and then come back with the results and screenshots/logs.

If we are strictly talking about on the wild infections, nothing beats ClamAV in its low detection rates for starters.

MSE is still number 1 solution for Gamers for many reasons and you will hardly see them asking in how to disinfect the system. Most either know how to disinfect in case of an infection or simply don't get infected.

MSE issues is not the detection. It is the slow removal speed (pre-windows 8 version that is since I have not used much the latest version).

There is users across the globe with infections and ask for assistance. They run other solutions for example such as McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and what not. Why do they get infected? 95% of the time, Solution is not updated and bad browsing habits/running anything that appears on screen without reading properly and the list goes on.. 5%: bad luck.

Not considering the users here who like or dislike some solutions but are advanced in terms of security, majority of the simply go with the flow or are what is called fanboys. This is an indication of inexperience and being biased.
hey im not talking about gamers :dodgy:

we have used MSE in my brother's Net cafe for several months sorry i do not have screen shots so what we need was stop threads coming from external devises bun MSE totaly useless
i must say it didn't detect many of the auto runs,Trojans coming from external devises
 
here im shearing my experiences about security products specially what i like and what i dont
i thought as topic says "Which Antivirus do you dislike?" this is the place to talk about it
 

Littlebits

Retired Staff
maheshsenadheera said:
Biozfear said:
If you think MSE doesn't detect many threats, do this test: Run it for 3 months as you would be normally with any solution and then come back with the results and screenshots/logs.

If we are strictly talking about on the wild infections, nothing beats ClamAV in its low detection rates for starters.

MSE is still number 1 solution for Gamers for many reasons and you will hardly see them asking in how to disinfect the system. Most either know how to disinfect in case of an infection or simply don't get infected.

MSE issues is not the detection. It is the slow removal speed (pre-windows 8 version that is since I have not used much the latest version).

There is users across the globe with infections and ask for assistance. They run other solutions for example such as McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and what not. Why do they get infected? 95% of the time, Solution is not updated and bad browsing habits/running anything that appears on screen without reading properly and the list goes on.. 5%: bad luck.

Not considering the users here who like or dislike some solutions but are advanced in terms of security, majority of the simply go with the flow or are what is called fanboys. This is an indication of inexperience and being biased.
hey im not talking about gamers :dodgy:

we have used MSE in my brother's Net cafe for several months sorry i do not have screen shots so what we need was stop threads coming from external devises bun MSE totaly useless
i must say it didn't detect many of the auto runs,Trojans coming from external devises
First of all you never connect unknown external devices to your system, you are just asking for an infection. No antivirus will detect everything.

Second, if using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 autoruns are disabled by default if you have the latest Windows Updates installed. If still using Windows XP, you can manually disable autoruns. When you connect an external device you would have to manually execute the malicious file from Windows Explorer in order to get an infection. Malware just don't execute themselves. Make sure that you have selected scan removable drives in MSE options, it is disabled by default in order to make it light, but still should detect malicious files after you execute them into your system's memory.

Thanks.:D
 

iPanik

New Member
Littlebits said:
First of all you never connect unknown external devices to your system, you are just asking for an infection. No antivirus will detect everything.
One note on that. When you are in a collaboration, you don't always have a choice in that matter. For example when in a study group you will share files and executables with your group via USB drives and other tools.
 
Littlebits said:
maheshsenadheera said:
Biozfear said:
If you think MSE doesn't detect many threats, do this test: Run it for 3 months as you would be normally with any solution and then come back with the results and screenshots/logs.

If we are strictly talking about on the wild infections, nothing beats ClamAV in its low detection rates for starters.

MSE is still number 1 solution for Gamers for many reasons and you will hardly see them asking in how to disinfect the system. Most either know how to disinfect in case of an infection or simply don't get infected.

MSE issues is not the detection. It is the slow removal speed (pre-windows 8 version that is since I have not used much the latest version).

There is users across the globe with infections and ask for assistance. They run other solutions for example such as McAfee, Norton, Kaspersky and what not. Why do they get infected? 95% of the time, Solution is not updated and bad browsing habits/running anything that appears on screen without reading properly and the list goes on.. 5%: bad luck.

Not considering the users here who like or dislike some solutions but are advanced in terms of security, majority of the simply go with the flow or are what is called fanboys. This is an indication of inexperience and being biased.
hey im not talking about gamers :dodgy:

we have used MSE in my brother's Net cafe for several months sorry i do not have screen shots so what we need was stop threads coming from external devises bun MSE totaly useless
i must say it didn't detect many of the auto runs,Trojans coming from external devises
First of all you never connect unknown external devices to your system, you are just asking for an infection. No antivirus will detect everything.

Second, if using Windows Vista, 7 or 8 autoruns are disabled by default if you have the latest Windows Updates installed. If still using Windows XP, you can manually disable autoruns. When you connect an external device you would have to manually execute the malicious file from Windows Explorer in order to get an infection. Malware just don't execute themselves. Make sure that you have selected scan removable drives in MSE options, it is disabled by default in order to make it light, but still should detect malicious files after you execute them into your system's memory.

Thanks.:D
never connect unknown external devices
this is impossible in net cafe
we used avira personal around one year without much problems different computers need differnrt types of AV software in my case im mainly conserning about detections
any way thanks for reply
 
D

Deleted member 178

maheshsenadheera said:
never connect unknown external devices
this is impossible in net cafe
All machine on an internet shop must have a kind of virtualization/rollback software:

Deepfreeze, Shadow Defender and co; so every morning when the machines are booted the system is clean even if 100 infected usb were plug in.

Using an AV in a internet shop is useless and slow the system when gaming, Hardcore players need high FPS and lot of RAM.

When my team and me played C-S or WOW in our usual internet shop, we used machines without any security solutions except Deepfreeze and co.
 
Umbra Corp. said:
maheshsenadheera said:
never connect unknown external devices
this is impossible in net cafe
All machine on an internet shop must have a kind of virtualization/rollback software:

Deepfreeze, Shadow Defender and co; so every morning when the machines are booted the system is clean even if 100 infected usb were plug in.

Using an AV in a internet shop is useless and slow the system when gaming, Hardcore players need high FPS and lot of RAM.

When my team and me played C-S or WOW in our usual internet shop, we used machines without any security solutions except Deepfreeze and co.
yep now im using deep freeze with avast free
yes you are correct but antivirus software also important because viruse coming from one devise can infect other
 
P

Plexx

maheshsenadheera said:
yep now im using deep freeze with avast free
yes you are correct but antivirus software also important because viruse coming from one devise can infect other
As long as all computers in the dedicated network are protected by Virtualization, upon reboot any infection should be gone.

I would rather use Shadow Defender as opposed to Deep Freeze. If you want a free route, Toolwiz Timefreeze.

But do have a decent running protection (possibly 2 or more layers) on your main system which acts as the main.

Another way would be Sandboxie paid, but you must own all computers.

Alternatively, is this but it will require some scripts:

Install Virtual Box on all systems that customers use, restrict them completely from certain permissions (have image saved as a backup).

When shop opens, boot up manually each one.
When it closes, simply restore snapshot.

Problem solved and it should be fully contained.

Bear in mind that Virtual Machine approach should not be taken on Gaming specific internet cafes.

All the above is because I understood you are running an Internet Cafe?
 

sweetito

New Member
ok that is best solution if you were the owner of the cafe but not for the guests!
if i downloaded a small program it will be infected by seconds so how can i put it in my flash and use it : i wont go to your cafe again :)
 

thetechguy

Level 1
I don't care for Norton/Symantec products. Too many clients coming to me that were infected and had it running. Not to mention resource usage, etc.

I prefer layered free security but if I had to pick an IS, it'd be Kaspersky. It's gotten better in 2013 and I've had many customers say they were happy. Some customers insist on buying a package because they think free = less protection so for them, I recommend Kaspersky. I also recommend ESET but sometimes it's hard to find in stores.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.