Battle Which Antivirus do you dislike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

I set the Win8 of my Girlfriend with all its built-in security enabled (Win Defender + Win Firewall + Smart Screen + UAC at max ) plus rollback RX, it is now light and secure enough, i will plan to add Sandboxie free.

avastalicious

Verified
Jan 30, 2013
I dislike Kaspersky a bit, in my experience the system feels laggy in general and the updates are slow.

Whereas, with Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 or Antivirus 2013 the sistem feels very snappy, I almost can't tell that it's installed.

I realize that from a performance standpoint it differs from a sistem to another, so I would not hesistate to recommend Kaspersky to someone. It's still an awesome product. :p

ONT209

Level 1
Verified
Feb 2, 2013
RE: Which Antivirus do you Hate

Just sharing my experience

Detection Rates: PR
Features : F
False Positives: FP
Overall Protection: OP
High: H
Medium: M
Low: L

1) Avira ..............Recommended (DR: H, F: M, FP: H, OP: M)
2) Avast ..............Not Recommended (DR: M, F: H, FP: M, OP: M)
3) AVG ..............Not Recommended (DR: L, F: M, FP: M, OP: L)
4) Bitdefender ..............Recommended (DR: H, F: L, FP: L, OP: H)
5) Eset NOD32 ..............Recommended (DR: H, F: H, FP: L. OP: H)
6) G-Data ..............Not Recommended (DR: H, F: L, FP: M, OP: H)
7) Kaspersky ..............Recommended (DR: H, F: H, FP: L, OP: H)
8) MalwareBytes Antimalware..............Recommended (DR: H, F: L, FP: M, OP: M)
9) McAfee ..............Not Recommended (DR: M, F: M, FP: M, OP: M)
10) Microsoft Security Essential ..............Not Recommended (DR: M, F: L, FP: L, OP: M)
11) Norton/Symantec ..............Recommended (DR: M, F: H, FP: M, OP: M)
12) Panda ..............Not Recommended (DR: M, F: M, FP: M, OP: M)
13) Trend Micro ..............Not Recommended (DR: M, F: L, FP: M, OP: M)

P

Plexx

blueblackwow65 said:
Eset and Mcafee ,very poor protection while people keep using them

McAfee poor detection I can understand, but ESET does not have a poor detection. It has other issues, yes but not as far as Detection is concerned. Its more towards zero day protection on default settings and removal.

.:: MiDo NaBiL ::.

Jan 7, 2013
I dislike AVG, my computer had a lot of virusese while I had this product installed. They don't have a good database for their definitions.
==

Bitdefender Total Security is a good product, I had only 2 GB of Ram on my computer, and I didn't felt any slow down. I have upgraded to 4 GB of Ram, and not it's even better.
If you are using Bitdefender Total Security as your protection, you don't need any other layers of protection. The mistake most people do, is that they install additional real-time protection when they have this product.

sorry my english is so bad ... :)

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
I haven't used AVG in a while which used to be one of my most hated anti-virus, but now its Bitdefender, probably won't be recommending it to any one.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
.:: MiDo NaBiL ::. said:
Bitdefender Total Security is a good product, I had only 2 GB of Ram on my computer, and I didn't felt any slow down. I have upgraded to 4 GB of Ram, and not it's even better.
If you are using Bitdefender Total Security as your protection, you don't need any other layers of protection. The mistake most people do, is that they install additional real-time protection when they have this product.

I don't know but may be you were lucky, i tried it on my system without any other layer, i tried on a fresh installation on one of my friend's (he ended up calling me overnight and abusing me :p) nothing worked, full of bugs + CRASHING happened thrice, and when it tried to send some report on crash, my system froze :mad:

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
I voter Others : Since OP forgot Mcafee!

I bet if Mcafee was listed here it would have been the most hated product, almost everyone i know has had bad experience with a Mcafee product.Those unfortunate enough to use it still have problems with Mcafee. :D

N

Nige_40

I'd choose Kaspersky and AVG

To heavy like Umbra says over Kaspersky and AVG looks cheap and nasty that it has all sorts of Malware running thru it

Wookieefied

Jan 22, 2013
McAfee hands down. For me it has been the absolute worst product I have ever had the pleasure to hate over the years. From messing up the OS to uninstall nightmares and everything in between. If it was the only antivirus product in existence I would give up using a computer before I would install it again.

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
RE: Which Antivirus do you Hate

Umbra Corp. said:
i hate Kaspersky's products

- Heavy
- nonsense licensing system
- huge & supra-slow initial signature update
- because many people swore it is the best :666:

I second that always slow to boot and shutdown and scans forever

Rip2dbone

May 16, 2012
Trend Micro........Doesn't play well with Malwarebytes or Spybot Search & Destroy....After several freeze frames,Trend Micro found its way to my recycle bin:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.