Battle Which antivirus software do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
I searched over Google and Youtube just to find (Maximum settings) for Emsisoft Internet Security 11 to give me better protection, prevention and detection but I couldn't find anything :(

Could anyone @Der.Reisende post a link to a video or post his configuration? I really appreciate it ;)
Mine is in stock settings, will edit the post when I'm at home to Highlight settings I'd set.

Two links which I'd suggest:
Emsisoft Internet security 10 review & settings

How to set up Emsisoft Internet Security Pack For Max protection (Paranoid Style)

firewall.PNG scan.PNG surfprotect.PNG

Last edited:

Raheel99

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2016
right. that's what I did. But guess what, it doesn't work. you can still run powershell, unless you take ownership of the two powershell exe files, and then delete them or rename them.

I did'nt find powershell listed in my uninstall program feature. Taken ownership of both exe and rename. Type powershell in explorer now opening default browser with http://powershell in URL :).

Reactions: Der.Reisende

Raheel99

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2016
After failure to detect FloxLib-A virus by my old version Comodo Internet Security Premium v6.3. Till now I have tried following.

AVAST, light weight on system, which has detected virus during copying and delete it. It does not removed malicious code from exe but completely deleting exe file (moving to chest).

Emsisoft Internet Security also detected and deleted file completely.

ESET which real time shield, has also detected virus and deleted whole file. No dis-infection of files. It is also using low system resource.

Kaspersky, heavy and resource hogging. Detected virus and successfully dis-infect file.

Today I decided to give another chance to Comodo, downloaded latest Comodo Internet Security Premium v8.4 and very disappointed that no alert during copying of virus and no detection on executing virus. HIPS and SANDBOXIE were disable.

Will try other AV and will update.

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
After failure to detect FloxLib-A virus by my old version Comodo Internet Security Premium v6.3. Till now I have tried following.

AVAST, light weight on system, which has detected virus during copying and delete it. It does not removed malicious code from exe but completely deleting exe file (moving to chest).

Emsisoft Internet Security also detected and remove the said virus.

ESET which real time shield, has also detected virus and deleted whole file. No dis-infection of files. It is also using low system resource.

Kaspersky, heavy and resource hogging. Detected virus and successfully dis-infect file.

Today I decided to give another chance to Comodo, downloaded latest Comodo Internet Security Premium v8.4 and very disappointed that no alert during copying of virus and no detection on executing virus. HIPS and SANDBOXIE were disable.

Will try other AV and will update.
the only good thing about comodo is its sandbox. if you disable the sandbox it means comodo is very weak
I dont like comodo also because of its annoying popups and bugs.

I agree that kaspersky is one of the best AVs which can disinfect and restore the injected files. Avast virtually deletes everything. Never saves any file

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I am using only comodo firewall and its work very well for me. I have tried its sandbox but found not powerful as Sanxboxie.
sandboxie is a sandbox. sandbox is sandboxie. can hardly find a better product
comodo is only better because it sandboxes seletively unknown files automatically while with sandboxie we have to manually do that

Raheel99

Level 1
Verified
Sep 15, 2016
sandboxie is a sandbox. sandbox is sandboxie. can hardly find a better product
comodo is only better because it sandboxes seletively unknown files automatically while with sandboxie we have to manually do that

After enabling Comodo's auto-sandbox and HIP, I run again malware file and it run it without sandboxing, HIPS ask me that program want to create symsrv.dll, I disallow it. But then what next. Virus is active in memory and starting infecting exe and dll.

This malware once loaded in memory, attached it dll on all running processes. Note that comodo HIPS setting was set to paranoid mode.

What is the use of latest and update premium security, which can not detect malware and block it properly.

Last edited:

rupeshkj

Level 7
Verified
Oct 31, 2013
  1. Eset Smart Security 9 - Good Detection light but doesnt have the best BB
  2. Emsisoft Internet Security 11 - Even better detection, Better BB Recommended
  3. Kaspersky Internet Security 17 - Amazing level of protections but brings slow down
  4. Bitdefender Internet Security 16 - One word Buggy
My Recommended (Paid) - F-Secure - Amazing detection and one of the best BB
My Recommended (Free) - Avast - Amazing detection and good BB.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
All the choices in the Poll are good.Depends on your needs and your machine.
Avast Internet Security is also an excellent choice that should be considered.
KIS 2017 is my favorite out of all of them however I use KIS,EIS,ESS and AIS on different Desktops & Laptops

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
After going through 6 pages in this thread, total of 2 pages worth of posts were deleted.

Please may I remind you to follow guidelines to post? Off topic discussions or discussions that fall out of the main topic but still relevant to product in discussion should be avoided.

In any case, OP has already thanked members for the suggestion.

Will be closing thread. If you wish to discuss specific product configurations etc, please post in the relevant section.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.