That's strange. In theory if you download the latest installer, you should get the new product.fwiw I cranked up the Norton VM the other day, ran the updates, etc, when it finished I still had v22..-- the license is good into April 2025.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
That's strange. In theory if you download the latest installer, you should get the new product.fwiw I cranked up the Norton VM the other day, ran the updates, etc, when it finished I still had v22..-- the license is good into April 2025.
I use COMODO Firewall with proactive security and auto-containment settings to block unknown files and programs. I don't use antivirus or other real-time protection. COMODO Firewall is lightweight and offers powerful defense. It also has tools like KillSwitch and AutoRun Analyzer for quick system checks for malware or suspicious activities. You can use manual containment for safe browsing in a sandboxed environment. Virtual Desktop is available for secure online banking or shopping. Containment is useful for running, installing, and viewing programs.So what do you use and what made you decide to use this AV ?
I ran live update. I wanted to see what it would do but was sorta expecting it to update to v24 (IIRC the version)That's strange. In theory if you download the latest installer, you should get the new product.
Did you made any special settings with HIPS or other parts of the software ?
Can you share if so ?
What if defender failed and didn't warn/ alert you ?The amount of paranoid people here is crazy! For a community discussing security, one would think people are being reasonable with their security choices but this is just beyond my imagination. People here act like they are the main target of hackers and not the billionaires and companies. In fact, I'd even dare to say many here protect themselves like they are criminals browsing the dark web daily.
You really only need three things to keep your PC protected.
1. reputable and the latest version of web browser with ad blocker installed
2. Windows Defender with SmartScreen enabled
3. Windows Update enabled with the latest security updates installed
You can also set DNS server with malware-blocking capability. But everything else is just waste of money and unnecessary.
For anyone thinking this is nonsense, just ask yourself, how many times did my antivirus software alert me since I bought it?
I could ask you exactly the same question—what if your 3rd party antivirus failed and didn't warn/alert you?What if defender failed and didn't warn/ alert you ?
This tends to happen. Plenty of examples here and on their forums of ESET occasionally breaking things with regular module or version updates. Their first reaction is to deny, and it takes some convincing for them to acknowledge the issue. This is not new. It has been going on for well over a decade. It's just how they operate, but at least you get to talk to support staff which cannot be said for most vendors.After uninstalling ESET, the WiFi connection stopped working. Macrium Reflect saved me.
I have no experience with ESET support myself. But I have heard from many users that Marcos always rules out the possibility that the ESET software could be the cause when describing errors in the ESET forum. Even if the error has already been reported by several users. Only after a long discussion did Marcos confirm that it was an ESET error.
However, I have used NOD32 on several computers for a long time without any problems. It really runs very easily. But when I see how ESET hides NOD32 on its website, I suspect that they will soon let this version die.
Amen to that. And anyway AV is like cars or Smartphones, to each his own.I work in Security and please dont let met get started how many fails defender have or had with detection in a company network. I dont trust MS as a Security vendor, let them stay with making OS and leave the security to companies who are more experienced.
But im not going in discussion here, no use. And this thread is not made for this kind of discussions !
Don't get me wrong, but as a person that works in security, you should know that corporate environment is totally different than home environment and has totally different needs. I'm talking about us, normal, home users, not business users. Corporate users need hardware firewall. Do you really need it at home? Corporate users also need total control of network filtering? Do you really need this at home as well? Of course not.I work in Security and please dont let met get started how many fails defender have or had with detection in a company network. I dont trust MS as a Security vendor, let them stay with making OS and leave the security to companies who are more experienced.
Totally agreed with you..just because you pay, doesn't mean you're getting better level of protection.
Exactly same except VIPRE. Also using K7 Regular edition & Want to use Kaspersky Standard or Plus but confused as I've heard many bad thing & ban about Kaspersky.I have installed different products on my each machine
K7 Total Security - MAT
VIPRE Advanced Security
Bitdefender Internet Security
ESET Home Security Essential
I want to use Kaspersky Standard or Plus but confused as I've heard many bad thing & ban about Kaspersky.I use Kaspersky Standard. No bloatware, no crap, straight to the point. All the important modules like Application Control are present. Not a signel issue with compatibility, Windows Update, dtivers, whatsoever. I see many Defender's fanatics claiming Defender is the only true answer since it's built in, while everything else is garbage and brings compatbility issues. Last time I had a buggish experience was 2015 BitDefender. Then BitDefender updated and I never had any issues. Then I used ESET and Norton for quite some time and never experienced slowdowns, compatibility issues or bugs. Now I use Kaspersky and my system runs as smooth as silk.
I did experience issues with Microsoft Defender, such as slow file transfer, delay in opening applications, and several known bugs such as the threat history, quarantine bugs, Controlled Access Folder, and many more.
Ohh. I'm from India & Kaspersky support is very good in our country.If You are not in the USA, You can use Kaspersky normally, as always...
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes