Advice Request Which block lists do you use with UBO, AG and ABP ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

floalma

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
These are among others the one I'm using from my different browsers FF, Brave and Chrome based.

AdGuard Annoyances

Peter Lowe’s Ad and tracking server list

Top500 most used ad & trackers in West Europe & North America

http : // vxvault . net/URL_List . php

Block-EU-Cookie-#####-List

I don't care about cookies

Online Malicious URL Blocklist

Reduce Google nuisances on search, maps and youtube

Which block list do you use for now ?

How do you cope with the overlapped lists ? Do you compare, cleaned your list ?

Do you make your own customized list ?

Any comment or contribution will be great, thank you all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Although @SecurityNightmares left the project because other blocklist maintainers would not incorporate Kees1958 most used, it seemed that his efforts at least have had effect for 1HOST Pro; badmojr/1Hosts Scroll down or search for Kees1958 (y)

I had email contact on GitHub with Kees1958 and he does not promote his personal blocklist. He is from 1958, so age 62 and determinated to maintain this personal blocklist as long as he lives). He mentioned our member SecurityNightmares did all the promoting. So thanks (y) Kees 1958 told me he is a pre-pensionado, but still does some interim free lance jobs. This is why the update interval of his blocklist varies (busy - few updates, no interim jobs - more updates)

PS Kees1958 left Wilders because of the Mods (with the exception of the sadly passed Peter2150, which Kees1958 regarded a forum friend and respected highly) and left MT because of the ranting of some members. In our communication he sounded a man of values and good spirit (he also wanted to say hello to @oldschool and @Gandalf_The_Grey who he respected and valued also very much).

Last edited:

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Although @SecurityNightmares left the project because other blocklist maintainers would not incorporate Kees1958 most used, it seemed that his efforts at least have had effect for 1HOST Pro; badmojr/1Hosts Scroll down or search for Kees1958 (y)

I had email contact on GitHub with Kees1958 and he does not promote his personal blocklist. He is from 1958, so age 62 and determinated to maintain this personal blocklist as long as he lives). He mentioned our member SecurityNightmares did all the promoting. So thanks (y) Kees 1958 told me he is a pre-pensionado, but still does some interim free lance jobs. This is why the update interval of his blocklist varies (busy - few updates, no interim jobs - more updates)

PS Kees1958 left Wilders because of the Mods (with the exception of the sadly passed Peter2150, which Kees1958 regarded a forum friend and respected highly) and left MT because of the ranting of some members. In our communication he sounded a man of values and good spirit (he also wanted to say hello to @oldschool and @Gandalf_The_Grey who he respected and valued also very much).
Thanks @Lenny_Fox for posting this (y)
The respect and esteem for Kees1958 are mutual.
Learned so much from him first at Wilders and later here at MT.
It is a loss to the forums that he has left, but I can understand and respect his reasons.
Great to hear that he is doing well.
If you contact him again, please say hi from me.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Thanks @Lenny_Fox for posting this (y)
The respect and esteem for Kees1958 are mutual.
Learned so much from him first at Wilders and later here at MT.
It is a loss to the forums that he has left, but I can understand and respect his reasons.
Great to hear that he is doing well.
If you contact him again, please say hi from me.
I second that emotion. Kees1958 is sorely missed here on MT. BTW, let him know that ranting is less frequent here.

timothytimes

Level 1
Aug 1, 2021
I'm using these filters in uBo:
1641024478900.png
1641024517200.png
1641024555000.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.