Advice Request Which cloud storage do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which cloud storage do you use?

• Dropbox

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • OneDrive

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Google

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Amazon

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Jottacloud

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • MediaFire

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Box

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
My family and I have Mediafire Pro (1TB) for uploading our photos, mum's docs... etc. Mediafire is a fantastic service and it has very good prize. I use Google Drive, because I have an educational account with unlimited storage, which I use for work and for upload all my phone stuff.. etc

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I use Google Drive for main documents due to its reliability (it's Google, the datacenter king... what can go wrong?).

Dropbox for easy sync tasks, and MEGA for simple/temporary file storage (I am aware of MEGA's notoriety lol).

Another cloud service (for temporary file/screenshot/code snippet/etc sharing) that I use is puush, via the ShareX client.

Do keep in mind that there are unlimited bandwidth/storage space services like Amazon and Backblaze for storing literally all of your files (not recommended to rely 100% on them of course, multiple backups are always recommended).

Another feature I'd look for in cloud software is automatic file versioning/history (although I wouldn't use it :D).

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
My family and I have Mediafire Pro (1TB) for uploading our photos, mum's docs... etc. Mediafire is a fantastic service and it has very good prize. I use Google Drive, because I have an educational account with unlimited storage, which I use for work and for upload all my phone stuff.. etc
Today I have cancelled my MediaFire Pro account; their website is very buggy, their iOS app is very limited, and I don't know anything about their security measures

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I use Google Drive for main documents due to its reliability (it's Google, the datacenter king... what can go wrong?).

Dropbox for easy sync tasks, and MEGA for simple/temporary file storage (I am aware of MEGA's notoriety lol).

Another cloud service (for temporary file/screenshot/code snippet/etc sharing) that I use is puush, via the ShareX client.

Do keep in mind that there are unlimited bandwidth/storage space services like Amazon and Backblaze for storing literally all of your files (not recommended to rely 100% on them of course, multiple backups are always recommended).

Another feature I'd look for in cloud software is automatic file versioning/history (although I wouldn't use it :D).

Great! I don't trust Mega anymore. I am thinking of Dropbox or Google for now (not sure yet).

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
I know pCloud has fantastic file versioning, for one - if I might add to @J Gamez065's post, and partially answer your query.

I have 500GB on pCloud ( I have joined their 100 insiders programme and I've been rewarded a free 1 year of their pro plan :D) I really like pcloud but wish if it is integrated with other services (Dropbox is the king in this point)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Great! I don't trust Mega anymore. I am thinking of Dropbox or Google for now (not sure yet).
I have 500GB on pCloud ( I have joined their 100 insiders programme and I've been rewarded a free 1 year of their pro plan :D) I really like pcloud but wish if it is integrated with other services (Dropbox is the king in this point)
Dropbox offers indeed the most features and functionality at the moment. For actively used/accessed/modified files (documents especially), Dropbox would be my choice.

But nevertheless, for overall reliability and for long-term storage and archiving, I'd always choose Google. (even if Dropbox pricing plans beat Google's)

Aaaaaand here comes the privacy hate on Google... Honestly it's a very reliable service in my opinion. lol

Pearl96

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Jan 14, 2017
Dropbox offers indeed the most features and functionality at the moment. For actively used/accessed/modified files (documents especially), Dropbox would be my choice.

But nevertheless, for overall reliability and for long-term storage and archiving, I'd always choose Google. (even if Dropbox pricing plans beat Google's)

Aaaaaand here comes the privacy hate on Google... Honestly it's a very reliable service in my opinion. lol

I see! But who Dropbox beats Google in terms of Price?

Reactions: LASER_oneXM
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.