Advice Request Which cloud storage do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which cloud storage do you use?

• Dropbox

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • OneDrive

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Google

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Amazon

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Jottacloud

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • MediaFire

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Box

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
I use Dropbox (only rarely and mostly from my android devices when i want to save something when away from home, i then download it and move it elsewhere) 3 seperate Onedrive accounts for almost everything on my laptop especially if i have made a purchase and it's a download link that comes through to the email account it's tasked for, i.e : hobby, personal and other. I have also recently tried google drive which i liked so may use thata bit more.

All accounts are the free versions

Reactions: ispx and frogboy

Winizsol

Level 2
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
What cloud storage do you use?
I use OneDrive (Office 365) and Google Drive.
What is special about it?
The same as the feature that made me choose it.
What is the feature that made you choose it?
OneDrive: The feature is that share links can expire and it's easy to use. Google Drive: It is a part of my Google account and it's easy to use it as well.
Do you use the free or paid plan?
OneDrive: I use OneDrive for Business (1 TB of storage). I get it for free (school), but it would be paid. Google Drive: Free

lab34

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2017
Hello,
I'm using Dropbox, essentially because of Lan Sync. And because I was using it to transfer files between my ipad and my PC.

Reactions: frogboy and maximus

OneDrive does not have file versioning.

If you keep OneDrive files on local system with automatic sync enabled, then if you get hit with a ransomware your OneDrive can be encrypted too.

I use Dropbox (with installed Dropbox App) for automatic storage and MEGA for manual storage. Dropbox has file versioning even in the free version.

MEGA App is pretty much the equivalent of Dropbox with file versioning and even more storage for free, but MEGA has not made their login fully compatible with Edge browser yet. Also, Lastpass login to MEGA website will not work inside Edge. So I use MEGA as a dead-storage cloud where I place files that I wish to keep for the long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: maximus

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
OneDrive does not have file versioning.

If you keep OneDrive files on local system with automatic sync enabled, then if you get hit with a ransomware your OneDrive can be encrypted too.

I use Dropbox (with installed Dropbox App) for automatic storage and MEGA for manual storage. Dropbox has file versioning even in the free version.

MEGA App is pretty much the equivalent of Dropbox with file versioning and even more storage for free, but MEGA has not made their login fully compatible with Edge browser yet. Also, Lastpass login to MEGA website will not work inside Edge. So I use MEGA as a dead-storage cloud where I place files that I wish to keep for the long term.
OneDrive has file versioning for Office files, but that's all.

D

Deleted member 178

Mega + Dropbox because hey are free. No way i pay for cloud service lol. Rather buy a pocket external HDD.

DoxThis

Level 3
Verified
Apr 25, 2015
GSuite Unlimited Storage For Google Drive
Mega.nz for sensitive personal files

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Never used cloud storage as my upload speed until just recently has bee way to slow. I might reconsider it now but most likely I will stick to my portable Hdd'S.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I am using Seafile on my own server. super sync and file version history... no spying eyes.

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
Dropbox (free), Mega (free), PCloud (lifetime subscription) Google Drive (subscription), Sync (subscription), Amazon Drive (subscription), Degoo (lifetime subscription), Onedrive (subscription), Zoolz (lifetime subscription) and a recent signup with Hubic for a trial. Why so many? Coz I don't trust any except Amazon, MS and Google to stay afloat in the long term. :D

I use native syncing software for "minor" non critical data files and to backup photos from mobile phones. Duplicati is used for full data backups, obviously with AES 256 bit encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.