Advice Request Which cloud storage do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which cloud storage do you use?

• Dropbox

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • OneDrive

Votes: 46 47.9%
  • Google

Votes: 48 50.0%
  • Amazon

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Jottacloud

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • MediaFire

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Box

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 28 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
Dropbox (free), Mega (free), PCloud (lifetime subscription) Google Drive (subscription), Sync (subscription), Amazon Drive (subscription), Degoo (lifetime subscription), Onedrive (subscription), Zoolz (lifetime subscription) and a recent signup with Hubic for a trial. Why so many? Coz I don't trust any except Amazon, MS and Google to stay afloat in the long term

you don't trust any of the ones you subscribe to, yet you have subscriptions with them o_O say what?

Reactions: frogboy

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
i use dropbox free.

why? dropbox does not scan your uploads for suspicious files & you can delete your account at the drop of a hat.

Reactions: Marko :)

R2D2

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Aug 7, 2017
you don't trust any of the ones you subscribe to, yet you have subscriptions with them o_O say what?

A majority of those subscriptions were purchased at hugely discounted prices. So, at that cost, I don't really mind and I know 'giants' like Amazon, MS and Google will survive indefinitely.

Regarding the others, it is solely my long term view of their ability to stay afloat as a business. Colour me cynical. :D There have been a few cloud storage providers that closed down or changed their business focus to exclude individuals the most recent being Crashplan whose service I once subscribed to.

Last edited:

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
One drive + google drive + icloud
i'm using these three for different purposes. One more cloud storage i'm using for critical data.

Reactions: frogboy

Itachi Sempai

Level 2
Verified
Sep 20, 2017
dropbox very lightly, google and mail.ru

actually i have three accounts each with 1 terabyte of space on mail.ru for free its very good... they used to have 100 GB for every user but now its only 8GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.