Battle Which DNS would you choose for Security and Content blocking?

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
Comodo DNS is convenient as you can add its option to Comodo browsers only or to the all PC traffic. First option is useful as it has comparatively high rate of false positives which cannot be bypassed.

Yandex DNS is the fastest for me as I'm russian user and my ping to Yandex is minimal among all the competition.

FoolDNS does good job for me as it blocks max number of web-trash (ads, bugs, malware sources, tracking etc.) that is the reason of real slowdowns in browsing experience and high-load in RAM and CPU terms. After connecting through this DNS-service I've got my Facebook and other socials working twice better in speed and load terms - I was really shocked!

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I tried norton DNS but it was noticeably slow compared to google dns and opendns in my region. it also decreases FPS in pes2016. after I reverted back to googledns, the problem was gone
norton is still good but I cannot use it. Instead I recommend opendns

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I'm using Adguard DNS, it's a bit slower compared to other DNSs
the alternative for adguardDNS is alternateDNS which can also block ads effectively. I set adguardDNS for my router so every device can block ads

the best malware blocking DNS should be norton but it is unstable for me and cause high latency while gaming

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@tonibalas
It's a winner for sure , and I'm certain you will like it.

On one of my W7 machines , my selected DNS sometimes reverts back to the ISP default , and after many hours
of investigating , I still can't find out why it's only that one machine that is affected .

But with DNS Jumper , 3 clicks puts things back how I want them , in seconds !

PS -There are some other great little free tools from Sordum

Myriad

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
May 22, 2016
@tonibalas

Actually , those nifty tools at Sordum are not security related per se .
.... but I think I'll start a new thread on them because I don't want to take this one off-topic.

Also I take your point about being comfortable with your security , and it is great
that people sharing their knowledge and experience on this forum can make us all more secure .

Paranoia is not a good state to be in IMO , but sometimes it can be a fine line :)

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Anyone has tried the new AdGuard DNS?
yes. It's quite good. Im using it for my router to apply to all devices. It has a few servers in a few countries so it still has higher latency compared to google and opendns but if you live in europe or US, you may not notice anything. Try to do a benchmark using DNS benchmark and try it yourself for a week. You will love it

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.