Battle Which Free Uninstaller: IObit vs Geek vs Revo?

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
There are periodically giveaways for the old Revo-Pro. That is the one to get... for free.

On the best of that list, I'd advise you to select whichever one @roger_m advises... as he is a prolific software tester.
It is still working for me. Try this
email: daverusso@nextmail.info
licence key: O3IEG-5KKB3-9z8H4-CtV8q-3PU1j-3H152

I received the license key, but when I tried to activate it I get this error message, " This action cannot be completed because "LP" program is not responding. Choose " Switch To" and correct the problem."

I clicked " Switch To" more than three times, and it still won't let me activate the key?

Is this giveaway works on the latest V4 Revo?

Last edited:

jackwilli

Level 3
Verified
Jan 1, 2019
I received the license key, but when I tried to activate it I get this error message, " This action cannot be completed because "LP" program is not responding. Choose " Switch To" and correct the problem."

I clicked " Switch To" more than three times, and it still won't let me activate the key?

This is for version 3.2.1 not for version 4.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018

And that's maybe the issue. It is not for Version 4.

Yes.

And version 3.2.1 is very good. I've not tried all the uninstallers discussed in this thread, but of the ones I've tried, I'd pick Revo 3.2.1 over the rest.

I'm using version 4 now -- and it's very good.

But next time around, I may try Roger_M's suggestion.

I think uninstallers are a piece of software where getting the best is worth paying for the software.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I have the Pro version of Revo & honestly don’t think its particularly good, it leaves lots behind & I use Free Commander/Driver Store to the find remnant files & Reg Organiser which finds registry entries - The Uninstaller in Reg Organiser does a far better job than Revo - IMO manually looking for program remnants seems the best way after uninstallers have tried. I haven’t tried Total uninstall – Macrium Reflect does the best job of all & image back if possible :)

SumTingWong

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
And that's maybe the issue. It is not for Version 4.

Yes.

And version 3.2.1 is very good. I've not tried all the uninstallers discussed in this thread, but of the ones I've tried, I'd pick Revo 3.2.1 over the rest.

I'm using version 4 now -- and it's very good.

But next time around, I may try Roger_M's suggestion.

I think uninstallers are a piece of software where getting the best is worth paying for the software.

Tried V3.2.1 and it worked. Do you guys have any good settings for Revo?

I would like to thanks you guys opinion in this thread! I am appreciated.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
Tried V3.2.1 and it worked. Do you guys have any good settings for Revo?

I would like to thanks you guys opinion in this thread! I am appreciated.

Oh, very good @SumTingWong. I'm glad it ended up working out for you.

I think you'll like Revo v3.2.1. I still use it on my older computers, and it's good.

I don't really mess the default settings of Revo -- as they seem to work well for me... maybe somebody else can jump in as assist with this.

YURY

Level 1
Verified
Aug 31, 2016
Revo Uninstaller and IObit Uninstaller are both good, safe and reliable programs for removing applications and residue traces. I otdayu preference is Revo Uninstaller because there is the module Mode "hunter". IObit Uninstaller is easier to work with. I almost always have both programs installed.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Geek to me seems more thorough and of good quality although i use Uninstall Tool, the PRO version of Geek Uninstaller and never had any issues with it in 4 + years.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Geek from what I've heard is good. It's small, portable and even helps get rid of Windows Apps. Revo has the same concept of removing Reg traces et al, but isn't small compared to Geek. With ioBit I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, no matter how big.

~LDogg

Reactions: Weebarra

jerzy601

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
I'm sure if works well as an uninstaller, but use the registry cleaner with caution as it has always had issues wtih false positives.
I do not clean the register with this soft.
register the program with the Car 365 program from time to time

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I use all three. All three are good. In general, Revo finds the most traces.

None are reliable for removing software drivers that have been slipped into the system32 folder. For that reason it is good to run a monitored installation of a new program or at least check system32 to see if it has new residents. If a driver has been put into system32 and autostarts you may have big trouble if you delete it without first using a registry scanner/editor to remove the registry entries tying it to system32. In many, many uninstalls I don't believe I've ever seen an uninstaller program offer me those system32 driver registry entries for removal.

There is another good free uninstaller by HiBit that tends to outdo Geek and IObit in finding traces.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.