Battle Which is the best free antivirus for Android?

rodocop

Level 1
Verified
Jun 12, 2015
DrWeb for Android sure. Exhaustive complex security package from big developer with great background in security (Yes, i's comparatively unknown abroad Russia)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Do you guys know any antivirus for android that's good at protection and detection? please let me know
Hello,
According to the latest Av-Test results, ESET and Bitdefender seem to be antiviruses who scored the best, however I would recommend Avast as it some very good anti-theft features and it also has a very decent free version.
AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute - January 2016.
Test.jpg

What device model do you have? Is this a rooted phone? Are you installing apps outside from Google Play Store?

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I use ESET it bought the license along with the ESET Smart Security, an option that I like very much the Mobile Security & Antivirus is Anti-Theft, already tested and it really works :D
I used Avast before, and I have nothing to complain about, it is a good free option :)

Last edited:

Ken1337

Level 1
Verified
Nov 13, 2015
Hello,
According to the latest Av-Test results, ESET and Bitdefender seem to be antiviruses who scored the best, however I would recommend Avast as it some very good anti-theft features and it also has a very decent free version.
AV-TEST – The Independent IT-Security Institute - January 2016.
View attachment 87141

What device model do you have? Is this a rooted phone? Are you installing apps outside from Google Play Store?
my device model is Qtab q1100 and its rooted and sometimes i install apps from outside but most of them from play store and i need a free antivirus

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

You have not specified if you want a free anti-virus or paid. In my opinion if you're willing to pay Norton Mobile Security is a very good choice, no slowdowns, web blocking, ransomware blocking and it tells you if an app is malicious BEFORE you download it. Avast! and 360 Mobile Security are some good free ones. Zemana Mobile Security can be used with other mobile security solutions.

Last edited by a moderator:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
I use ESET (the paid version from a giveaway) atm and it's very good. I used Avast in the past, but compared to ESET, it has more functions (but of course this is also the paid version I have). Both are great choices and light. But ESET looks more professional imo, since Avast has a lot more moving things on the screen while scanning for example and it does ask quite a lot to upgrade to the paid version, which eset also does, but less. However, when I'll buy my new Norton license for my pc, I'm going to take a look at the Norton AV for my phone as well.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
my device model is Qtab q1100 and its rooted and sometimes i install apps from outside but most of them from play store and i need a free antivirus
Ok, so you really need an antivirus. As far as free antivirus goes I would recommend that you either go with Avast or Malwarebytes...both are free.
I would also recommend that you very carefully read the apps permisons request before installing an app..and if possible you should only install apps from the official Google store.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.