Battle Which is the best free antivirus for Android?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Do you guys know any free antivirus for android that's good at protection and detection? please let me know
Hello @craftplayeri2 I have merged your topic about "What is the best Free Antivirus for Android?". Please take a read of any previous comments on this thread.

From my point of view, there are 3 types of Antivirus apps available:
  1. Basic - Scans all apps you download or update from the Google Play Store.
  2. Advanced - Scans all apps from Google Play Store, monitor your browser by blocking malicious sites and flagging downloads. Some have extra features that you don't necessarily need, may be considered Bloatware.
  3. Rooted - Requires a rooted Android device, but can give more control over your device than non-rooted.
A basic AV app should be sufficient, if you are not heavily reliant on your Android device (phone/tablet).

Don't forget most security features are already available in Android, check the Security settings and download Android Device Manager for more information.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.