Which is the most stable Windows 10 version?

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
v1607 was the best and stable version.
Touche!
Although I'm currently using 8.1, I've been testing and playing around with several versions of Windows 10 in Virtualbox. And I agree that 1607 (LTSB) is the lightest, less bloated and most stable version. 1809 felt sluggish and bloated, but I still try to customize it using MSMG toolkit to see if it can make any difference.

Threadripper

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2019
Updated to every feature update as soon as you could, including finding the 1803 iso a couple of days before they released it (at least I think that was 1803) and never had any issues except minor cosmetic bugs.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Touche!
Although I'm currently using 8.1, I've been testing and playing around with several versions of Windows 10 in Virtualbox. And I agree that 1607 (LTSB) is the lightest, less bloated and most stable version. 1809 felt sluggish and bloated, but I still try to customize it using MSMG toolkit to see if it can make any difference.
It was public consumer release w/o LTSB. I tried LTSC v1809 and it had no difference from standard v1809 aside from huge prices.

Reactions: oldschool

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
Every soft that I have used (not only OSes) have some kind of bugs.
I think its not possible for us to build a software that's totally perfect 'cause we ourselves are not perfect.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I can't say I've noticed any real performance difference across versions. I can say that uBlock Origin (totally broken) and Nano Adblocker (somewhat broken) do not work in 1809, but that could be they need updating to work properly with whatever changes MS has made in this version.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
1803 wasn't very stable for me. Used for around 2 months, got 3 BSODs, startup issues several times. But OS speed was pretty good. I hope 1809 is better. Unfortunately can't install it now since clean installing and restoring everything is time consuming and I'm rarely on PC for a while.
And to answer above questions, Ltsb and Ltsc should be the most stable ones if you can get one.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
UBO isn't updated anymore for Edge its way older than IE11's Easy list and Easy privacy. Anyway, Edge bloatware is replaced with chrome engine and we might get it in 19h2 or 20h1.
Edge doesn't allow publishers of add-ons to immediately update their product. They have to wait a long time before updates are approved. That's what the dev of UBO says.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
All the builds of Windows 10 I have used have been very stable. But I would expect that for any version of Windows.

Some time ago, I had an issue where the Start Menu would sometimes not show, on one computer. But, I only ever get serious issues with Windows 10, on computers that have seen lots of abuse. On that install of Windows, I had many hundreds of programs installed and had installed and uninstalled hundreds more, over the last few years. On my other Windows 10 computers, I had no issues with the Start Menu.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.