Which Laptop Brand do you use? [Poll]

Status
Not open for further replies.

souhrid

Level 5
Jun 29, 2012
Did sony quit the pc field? I have heard rumours about it( it is said that they are going to concentrate more on smartphone business). Can anyone confirm this?o_O

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Did sony quit the pc field? I have heard rumours about it( it is said that they are going to concentrate more on smartphone business). Can anyone confirm this?o_O
Isn't it surprising how, additionally, Sony's lost :eek:billions (Can you spell Y-a-k-u-z-a??:oops:) regardless of their selling off Vaio. Focusing on their smart phone line has, on the surface, been disastrous as Sony's been unable to compete on a level with Apple and Samsung.
Back on topic,
here's what's available in Nippon (Japan).;) http://www.cnet.com/news/vaio-pro-and-fit-are-first-vaio-laptops-since-being-sold-off-by-sony/

Now, if we can only get free shipping along with no sales tax!!:D

Last edited:

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
Requesting members who voted for Other to mention which product they use. Additionally Apple has also been included in the poll, so you could change your votes..

Am I the only one who uses Lenovo :eek:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Requesting members who voted for Other to mention which product they use. Additionally Apple has also been included in the poll, so you could change your votes..

Am I the only one who uses Lenovo :eek:
@jackuars , since you mentioned you are the only one using Lenovo, I thought I'd ask your thoughts on this make. One of our "Trusted" members related it personally as being a quality product, and my wife is already considering adding it to our stable of two where three certainly wouldn't be a crowd! :D

Reactions: Ali80

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I don't really have a favourite, I have an acer for a year now and very happy with it!

jackuars

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
@jackuars , since you mentioned you are the only one using Lenovo, I thought I'd ask your thoughts on this make. One of our "Trusted" members related it personally as being a quality product, and my wife is already considering adding it to our stable of two where three certainly wouldn't be a crowd! :D

I've bought it last year, so far so good. Lenovo has made great strides over the last 3 years, to reach the top 3 best Laptop brands as per Laptop Mag and most other review sites. It's currently placed at 2 below Apple and above ASUS. Many other sites has given very good ratings for various Lenovo laptops.

Using the Y500 series (Gaming) Full HD 1920x1080 screen, solid aluminium finish, looks beautiful with a red backlit keyboard. It has a hip Lenovo backpack, adding to sturdiness.

Lenovo has got awesome variety compared to ASUS that's why I chose the former.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
This is a very bad move by sony:(:(
Agreed! Although Sony's business woes,:( like so many nations and corporations throughout the world, became literally too big to monitor (somehow I think there may have been more stealing involved internally than either Google's or Microsoft's profits conceal) it's also a terrible shame for both the brand name and their loyal consumers whom would gladly have purchased another Vaio. Perhaps the name Vaio shall remain, and if it can stay afloat it may also once more be available plentifully and available internationally. That would be nice for everyone except other company's who'll fill the vacuum.:)

PVA_BR

Level 4
Verified
Jan 4, 2014
Hewlet Packard. I'm currently using a 2,5 years old Pavilion DV-6 3240Br. I just replaced the standart 500GB HD (Samsung) for a 1TB HGST HD. both are 7200rpm. The replacement was necessary because the old HD got a lot of bad sectors and was unuseable. The big problem with this Pavilion is a little overheating, since it runs a somewhat old AMD N850M triple-core. But I can boot within 35 secs with this PC, running Win 7 x64 sp1. :D

I really love the keyboard of this notebook and the design and materials of the chassis as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.