There are many good Linux distros to choose from, start with Linux Mint if you are new to Linux, then you will know your way after that by trying other distros.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
After installation, open the app and sign in. Enable push notifications in Preferences if you want alerts. On iPhone and iPad, push requires a Home Screen web app and iOS or iPadOS 16.4 or later.
Sign in to manage notificationsInstallation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
f-e-d-o--r---a!! yes! but Manjaro is a distro I keep on the side ready to go -- like it (not that my opinion re linux distros means anything).Decided to give Manjaro a try on my spare laptop since @TuxTalk says it's good. A little diversion for the evening.
Security wise it uses ufw firewall and apparmor. And it support snaps, so I uninstalled firefox, and installed the snap version, which has better security: apparmor + seccomp + containment.
I was a bit disappointed to find only 3 updates. It's Nov 24 now and the iso release date was on Oct 1st. There should be more than 3. That's a bad sign. Patches must be provided quickly.
Back to Fedora I go.
As soon as you run Manjaro it updates, no need to worry about the iso build date.Decided to give Manjaro a try on my spare laptop since @TuxTalk says it's good. A little diversion for the evening.
Security wise it uses ufw firewall and apparmor. And it support snaps, so I uninstalled firefox, and installed the snap version, which has better security: apparmor + seccomp + containment.
I was a bit disappointed to find only 3 updates. It's Nov 24 now and the iso release date was on Oct 1st. There should be more than 3. That's a bad sign. Patches must be provided quickly.
Back to Fedora I go.
LTS Is excellentUbuntu LTS.
And with a free Ubunto Pro account, you can get 10 years of updates for each Ubuntu LTS release.LTS Is excellent
I performed the install Offline. And did not connect my USB Ethernet adapter until I needed to update. So perhaps I missed the update you are talking about. And that update I did only brought down 3 packages.As soon as you run Manjaro it updates
Should be around 80-90 packagesI performed the install Offline. And did not connect my USB Ethernet adapter until I needed to update. So perhaps I missed the update you are talking about. And that update I did only brought down 3 packages.
In 2024 started with Zorin and liked it (I had used CentOS some years ago) then also tried MX-Linux & Manjaro liked & still have them, but been running fedora w/Gnome -- rock solid for me. fedora has become my daily driver. (fwiw)I am using linux mint (cinnamon) and I am very satisfied with it. It works great, it is fast, secure, full of necessary stuff, very stable, customizable etc. I would recommend this to anyone. Zorin is a good alternative, Debian and probably many more but i can`t remember right now.
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes