Advice Request Which method is the best way to restore a system?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Was the question meant as in the fastest or in the most reliable way?
Fastest: Probably Rollback RX (After 2 fubar problems I quit using it years ago). Could totaly be usererror but I couldn't get windows back again :D
Reliable: Macrium Reflect (for me). If you buy it it's also really fast with restores, a least in my view.
Yeah my last restore only took 2 minutes after purchasing it. It wasn’t bad at 15 minutes before.

Digmor Crusher

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 27, 2018
UNCHECK "turn off automatic windows update" in Rollback RX Pro and you should be good to go.View attachment 238597
But if you do that I assume you will not get any Windows updates, correct or not? What if you want to update Windows? Check the box above that one?
What I'm looking for is a solution to recover quickly from BSOD's, something quick, easy and low maintenance. Something that does not require using backup software such as Aomei or Macrium Reflect.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
But if you do that I assume you will not get any Windows updates, correct or not? What if you want to update Windows? Check the box above that one?
On the contrary, Windows updates will work only if you UNCHECK this option.
Leave the above option UNCHECKED. (these settings work with no problems for me).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.