Which of the World's most popular Sports do you watch?

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
As many of us may use the internet to stream live sports..I thought that it would be interesting to find out which sports fellow MT members watch,especially as MT has members from all over the World.

Recently sportsgoogly.com listed the .."Top 10 World Most Popular Sports 2016"
...So I have decided to create a Poll that allows MT members to Vote for as many of these as they wish..
Each Sport has its World Popularity number,as well as the estimated number of viewers..
With apologies to fans of such sports as Boxing,UFC,Motorsport's,Ice Hockey,Rugby,Athletics..but these do not appear in this top 10..
It would be interesting to see MT members post their favourite Teams/Players also:)

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
The site has all the wrong info, football is watched by all countries so its viewership is very high more than stated on the site. Whereas cricket is watched by only a handful of countries and it comes to one of the lowest.

D

Deleted member 178

Adult sport :p

P.S: couldn't help it ^^

more seriously, i think this site take each country's population number where the sport is present and make a ratio then cumulate all. It is why Cricket is so high ranked, India and Pakistan has high population.

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
Nothing.

I respect athletes and players for their courage and patience but nowadays competitions and training are too dangerous. They step over their health striving for results. Not in all sports. But anyway in general it is true.

Sometimes I watch some sport by TV. Especially if I see some beautiful performance. But I don't go deep into this.

Last edited:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I wonder why Motorsports aren't in the top 10.
Formula 1 especially has fans and of course viewers all over the world.
Personally i think MotoGP is more interesting to watch.
p.s: i voted Football(soccer),Volleyball and Basketball.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
@jogs @Umbra
You are both correct....
I decided that I wanted to create this poll,and then went in search of a site with good,logical statistics...I could not find one.
Some of the top 10s that I found did not include American Football,and I wanted a poll that would be representative of the US members of MT..
I would have liked to have added Boxing, Athletics, Motorsport ,Ice-Hockey ,Rugby ,Aussie Rules Football ,Snooker ,UFC ,Darts ,Sumo ,Badminton ,and more...but I could only have 10 options on the poll...
It is not perfect but I tried my best.
If ever I was allowed to add an additional 10 options to the poll then I will happily do so.:)

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
I didn't vote :(
=> I don't see in the list the only sport I like to watch : Water Pony
(I like MMA too or other specific Martial Art but the most with woman fighting - Gina Carano was my favorite)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.