Which of the World's most popular Sports do you watch?

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Where's boxing?
Sorry @SpartacusSystem ...It wasn't in that top 10:(
I found a few slightly different "world's most popular sports" top 10s but none of them were ideal IMO..
None of them had ALL the Sports that I wanted to include...
I would have really liked to include Athletics,Motorsport,Boxing,UFC/MMA,Rugby,Ice Hockey,Aussie Rules Football & more..
I considered that if I selected my own 10 then it may fail to be representative of other Countries favourites..
I was surprised that Field Hockey was in there TBH...

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
The site has all the wrong info, football is watched by all countries so its viewership is very high more than stated on the site. Whereas cricket is watched by only a handful of countries and it comes to one of the lowest.
Football- Last World Cup Final in 2014 was watched by a reputed billion people worldwide
Also like MMA, such as the UFC and Bellator

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Thank you all for your votes and comments so far...
I am a little surprised to see Basketball in clear second place...
With the Olympics less than a week away,..What events are MT members looking forward to watching?
I really enjoy (like many) the 100 m sprint.:)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
America, Asia Countries and few Europe goes on Basketball; and I'm proud to be influence of this sports, being a Filipino should be influence by this type of physical activity. NBA brought numerous inspirations for aspirants.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
I love to watch snooker : ronny " the rocket " and jimmy white are my favorite players. love to watch football too , my favorite team ofcourse feyenoord rotterdam! darts are also favorite here : michael van gerwen and martin " wolfie " adams are my favs :)

ElectricSheep

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 31, 2014
I love to watch snooker : ronny " the rocket " and jimmy white are my favorite players. love to watch football too , my favorite team ofcourse feyenoord rotterdam! darts are also favorite here : michael van gerwen and martin " wolfie " adams are my favs :)

Played Phil Taylor in the pub once... Lost horribly!! His first throw was a 180 and it was game over right from there!!:p:p:p

Also played Eric Bristow... Got to the doubles which is no mean feat against a former world champion!:cool:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.