Advice Request Which of these Web Browsers do you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Brave, the ad-blocking browser from former Mozilla CEO, grabs $4.5 million:
SOURCE: techcrunch.com (ARTICLE DATE: AUG 1st 2016)

Brave Software, the new web browser company co-founded by former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich, has raised $4.5 million in seed funding for the continued development of its open source browser that blocks online ads and other trackers. Unlike traditional web browsers where ad-blocking takes place via a third-party add-on or extension, Brave’s browser has this technology built in, claiming not only to offer users more privacy, but also increased speed and performance – especially when surfing the mobile web.

According to metrics shared by Brave, the desktop version of the browser offers a 40 to 60 percent speed increase, and a 2x to 4x speed increase on mobile devices. Because of its ad-blocking and script-blocking features, mobile users will also see less battery consumption and data usage.

The browser offers a variety of security and safety features, as well, including support for encrypted data traffic via HTTPS Everywhere, fingerprinting shields, phishing protection, malware filtering and the above-mentioned script blocking.
The Brave browser is planning its 1.0 release for September

Read the full article at the link at the top of the page

MT members:
Are you Interested in using "Brave"?
Which of the Web Browsers listed in the poll do you use?..and do you use some that are not listed?
..and why Is your favourite browser your favourite browser?
What do you look for most in a browser?...Speed?/ Security?/ Extensions?/ Privacy?

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

My vote goes to *Other, Chromium-based: CentBrowser - The Most Feature Rich Chromium :rolleyes: Why? It has many handy features and i have never experienced problems with it. It is my nr.1 browser and i recommend everyone to try it if you haven't already.
Are you Interested in using "Brave"?
I will definitely look forward to Brave Software and its development. They have bright future in my opinion.
What do you look for most in a browser?...Speed?/ Security?/ Extensions?/ Privacy
It goes without saying, Security > Privacy > Speed > Extensions

Last edited by a moderator:

Butterfly

Level 3
Verified
Jul 28, 2015
A good read on this browser and some of the controversy around it: Publishers Strike Back at a Browser That Replaces Their Ads

Their vision of users only viewing malware-free, non-invasive ads on an open-source browser is awesome, however it gets more complicated when you realize they are using their own advertising system of safe minimal ads (which also pays their partners more of the revenue shared when comparing it to what most sites earn from third-party ads, but they still get a small profit from this) in order to achieve this ideal.

This means losses for websites hosting tracking, intrusive or malware ads, but still gives a solution that if got popular could give us a much better world of ads. Personally, I think this is a noble cause, but currently without add-ons support it will be hard for me to transfer to. :p

Logethica

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
A good read on this browser and some of the controversy around it: Publishers Strike Back at a Browser That Replaces Their Ads

Their vision of users only viewing malware-free, non-invasive ads on an open-source browser is awesome, however it gets more complicated when you realize they are using their own advertising system of safe minimal ads (which also pays their partners more of the revenue shared when comparing it to what most sites earn from third-party ads, but they still get a small profit from this) in order to achieve this ideal.

This means losses for websites hosting tracking, intrusive or malware ads, but still gives a solution that if got popular could give us a much better world of ads. Personally, I think this is a noble cause, but currently without add-ons support it will be hard for me to transfer to. :p
Thank you for this extra information @Butterfly :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Microsoft Edge when the redirection fails on Microsoft's website when I need to go on it.
I can redirection fails when clicking on Microsoft Answers links from Google on Chrome, but works fine in Incognito and on Edge.

Browsers using:
Chrome (Windows), Opera (Android), Edge, Safari (Mac/iOS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.