Advice Request Which Opera version do you prefer; Opera GX vs Opera?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which Opera version do you prefer and why?

• Opera GX (Windows)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Opera (Windows)

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Personally, I would stick to the normal Opera because I don't need the extra (gamer orientated) features.

But if you're a gamer or just like those extra features go for GX because under the hood it's the same browser.
Should You Use It?
If you love the look or want features like Razer Chroma and Twitch integration, then go ahead and use Opera GX. Despite the unusual look, this is a pretty standard Chromium browser that should work just like Chrome with websites.

That’s the main attraction here, however: The aesthetic and the built-in game culture features like Twitch integration and gaming news. The initial version of Opera GX even identifies its version number as “LVL 1.”

The limiters are one of the most interesting features we’ve seen in a browser in a while and could be worth playing with. Don’t expect huge performance increases, however. And watch out: If you leave those enabled all the time, you’ll just end up using a slower browser.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I guess it's like anything else: demo each one. BUT, do you trust your perceptions? I'm into benchmarking but not browsers. The only one that comes close and is current is PCMark 10--Essentials Group which has a web browser test, it seems. I've run this before, it doesn't seem unduly strenuous. There's other stuff that comes up if you search but much of it is from 201-2013--a bygone era.

I always wondered whether gaming-oriented browsers could be more suitable for "potato" machines instead. Sticking w/regular Opera. (y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.