Which Operating System you are using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Biozfear said:
Ubuntu 12 if memory serves me right is using Unity, which a lot of users don't like it and it is also the reason why Linux Mint gained more popularity since it still offered Gnome, while Ubuntu chose Unity.

It still has Gnome that you can switch to if you don't like Unity. In fact, if your hardware can't support Unity, it will automatically default to Gnome.

Note that I'm not saying this to promote Ubuntu. There are other distros I prefer over Ubuntu.

P

Plexx

I stopped Ubuntu the moment Unity was "out".

Didn't like the concept, but at the same time I was also running Xubuntu so the switch was easy.

Wasn't aware however you could switch back to Gnome. Thanks for the info HeffeD.

RDTatel

Jan 1, 2012
i am using windows 7, and i did also a dual boot with Ubuntu, i like windows 7 ; because is more easy and has more programs but i prefer Ubuntu.
Ubuntu all the way !! :D

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
I have not find such a clear winner inpoll topics,look like windows 7 is leading the chart all the way

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Ha, surprised that no one picked an earlier versions of Windows. Thought that somebody here would be using Windows 3.1 :p

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's a lot of votes, I didn't realise we had 79+ active members (according to the votes). :blush:

I think I might go now. :blush:

P

Plexx

Earth said:
There's a lot of votes, I didn't realise we had 79+ active members (according to the votes). :blush:

I think I might go now. :blush:

Divide by more or less 1.5 or so. some of us double voted since we had the option: me, RA, etc:)

viktik

Level 25
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Windows 8 pro .

I grabbed microsoft offer at $40.

i like its fast boot and shutdown. Also memory usage is low.

Softwares run better in windows 8. Sure there are improvements compared to Windows 7.

Tablet part is useless to desktop users.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Desktop (shared pc): Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 + Linux Mint Maya 13 LTS (on cinnamon)
Notebook (personal): Windows 7 Home Edition SP1 + Linux Lubuntu 13.10

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Our household uses (3), a desktop Windows XP sp3, a shared laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, & a laptop sporting Windows 8/8.1 64 bit.:) Windows 8 is fast yet it's still a bit :oops:buggy at times (like a sports car):cool:. Windows 7 is nearly seamless:rolleyes: ...except when it searches for the driver to an o_O"unknown device":confused: (volume manager) at start-up. Windows XP, it's like a Timex;) that has taken a licking & kept on ticking!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.