Battle Which Password Manager is the best?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Just installed Bitwarden, multi-device + cloud sync and all for free. Awesome.

Same. I also recently shifted to BitWarden after someone introduce this to me. So far it's pretty cool.
The interface was somehow similar to protonmail lol.
Anyway for something that is free and works close to Lastpass, that is priceless.

Lord Ami

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 14, 2014
Same. I also recently shifted to BitWarden after someone introduce this to me. So far it's pretty cool.
The interface was somehow similar to protonmail lol.
Anyway for something that is free and works close to Lastpass, that is priceless.
It really is bargain. I've been searching for LastPass replacement. Finally found it :)! Bitwarden rocks, will make donation by buying the Premium. Just to support the development.

Android/mobile version is big plus for me. Never liked LastPass on Android.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I prefer Sticky Password Premium with no connection to the internet in order to be safer so that`s why i voted other. I have this software for many years as lifetime version and works good with all browsers.

@dinosaur07 couldn't agree more! I have been using this password manager for a long time myself as well.

Key features I like:

1) Import from other browsers
2) Two-factor authentication
3) Fill web forms
4) Multiple form-filling identities
5) Actionable password strength report
6) Browser menu of logins
7) Application passwords
8) Biometrics (Should one choose this)
9) Cloud sync across devices (Should one choose this)
10) Cloud backup (Should one choose this)
11) Local Wi-Fi Sync across devices (Should one choose this)

Plus, this password manager is one of the few to offer a lifetime license that I am aware of. I'm currently looking into Bitwarden though too.

Happy New Year Everyone!

~Brian

TheJokerz

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jan 7, 2016
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

In terms of operating systems, how extensive is Bitwarden's compatibility? I could not find that on their site.

Bit Warden works on all operating systems that support any of the general browsers it supports - it's an extension. That's one of it it's benefits. For example our migration at home to ChromeOS has been smoother because of Bit Warden. Sticky Password has no Linux, Debian or ChromeOS functionality which is incredibly limiting for it.

My primary (and only) gripes about Bit Warden are;

1) Secure Notes = Useless the way it is implemented. You have to dig through menus and sub menus to find it. They should be on the primary pulldown and not tied to individual password entries.. Secured Notes are secured notes NOT 'notes I want to add to logins'.
2) Changing passwords is crap. Plain and simple.. Often Bit Warden doesn't recognize changes when you login to a page and allow you to overwrite the old password. So you end up digging through menus to manually edit it. There needs to be better detection of password changes.
3) There NEEDS to be an edit icon on the FIRST page of a login so you can make fast changes to a login without loading a new tab and menu digging.

This is how Bit Warden should look:

Bitwarden.png

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
LastPass has served me well and is cross-platform without a subscription, but I don't solely rely on just ONE password manager.
I can't think of trusting my passwords to several cloud pm. The only thing I periodically do, I encrypt my LP pw db to KeePass file and keep it in several emails and flash disks, which I use only for this aim. For rather impossible worst case scenario when LP is completely down. But I think this measure is a way too excessive and paranoid.

Devilish

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2017
Are you liking Keepass? Is it easy for you to use? Does it do what you need it to do?

If you don't have any problem with Keepass, then stay with it.
Well there is definitely a more steep learning curve with KeePass. My early impressions is that it requires more user intervention than LastPass. I also gave bitwarden a try but only one developer worried me so I dropped it.
I would like to know your thoughts about bitwarden.

Last edited:

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Well there is definitely a more steep learning curve with KeePass. My early impressions is that it requires more user intervention than LastPass. I also gave bitwarden a try but only one developer worried me so I dropped it.
I would like to know your thoughts about bitwarden.
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test bitwarden on my laptop (due to the fact my house doesn't have electricity and Wi-Fi). So, I can't comment on it though I am curious about it.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test bitwarden on my laptop (due to the fact my house doesn't have electricity and Wi-Fi). So, I can't comment on it though I am curious about it.

How about Mobile data (Hotspot) ? when you forgot the password so turn on mobile data then use that program..

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I would do it this way. Download LastPass binary on PC in order to export passwords to a csv file. Then import these passwords into Bitwarden. And finally severely erase the csv file with a shredder.

Last edited:
Reactions: bribon77 and JB007

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.