Advice Request Which Password Managers do you use?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

A

antreas

Thread author
kaspersky password manager

I don't know man but i don't trust antivirus companies to handle my passwords... I don't even feel comfortable to use antivirus companies software so i switch to linux. they have complete control of my system...

well that maybe only me.

i use linux and on my browser i have script blocker extension and other staff so i am fine.
i switch from chrome to firefox. i feel safer for my data with them than google.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
I don't know man but i don't trust antivirus companies to handle my passwords... I don't even feel comfortable to use antivirus companies software so i switch to linux. they have complete control of my system...

well that maybe only me.

i use linux and on my browser i have script blocker extension and other staff so i am fine.
i switch from chrome to firefox. i feel safer for my data with them than google.
If you think theres no infections for Linux, you in for a surprise. Just not too common.

Now on topic, why wouldnt you trust AV companies? care to elaborate your thoughts and reasons?

And you switch to linux because you are more comfortable, yet you are aware that every few months or so, theres security holes being plugs in Linux distros, just that is not that well known outside the more in linux community and newsletters.

Kumaran

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 15, 2013

well that maybe only me.

Which is better at low ram usage (memory) ? I think Kaspersky's password manager and one password.

A

antreas

Thread author
If you think theres no infections for Linux, you in for a surprise. Just not too common.

Now on topic, why wouldnt you trust AV companies? care to elaborate your thoughts and reasons?

And you switch to linux because you are more comfortable, yet you are aware that every few months or so, theres security holes being plugs in Linux distros, just that is not that well known outside the more in linux community and newsletters.

I never said that linux doesn't get infections, but i switch to linux because its open source, use less ram than windows, less space, on windows you need cleaning softwares antivirus antimalware and other softwares that linux doesn't really need. And if you want to know if all pirate websites go down 60% of windows users will come to linux because here most software is free. and on windows more than 60% of users pirate.
I use linux more than 1 month and its fast as the first day of use, when i was using windows and tried to use it with no protection only on browser some extensions like script blockers and after about 3 weeks i download an antivirus and antimalware to check and boom there like 10+ infections i mean wtf! and after we found out that yahoo sent all emails to NSA then no i am not going back to anything that its not open source or email provide that make sure my emails are private like protonmail and mailfence.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Used to go for Lastpass, but as I keep forgetting my master PW... I got frustrated.
Currently just use password protected .ods document saved in hardware encrypted thumbdrive.
This makes no sense. How do you remember the password of the ods document and why not use the same password in Lastpass?

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
This makes no sense. How do you remember the password of the ods document and why not use the same password in Lastpass?

My thumbdrive are in key-pad form. So I need to press the correct no.
Well no. against a combination of no./words./symbols.
Choice is easy for me.

.ods pw are in simple form. I dont need a 12-20 character pw in combination of words/no./symbols. Which is why most of my online logins are at least 15 character pw, differ on every login account i own, which is a hassle for me.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.