Which release of Android was your favorite?

Favorite Android release?

• 4.4 KitKat

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • 5 Lollipop

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 6 Marshmallow

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 7 Nougat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8 Oreo

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • 9 Pie

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • 10 (codename Q)

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Older than KitKat

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I prefer to use the latest version rather than old versions. But of course, manufacturers often don't provide firmware updates to the new Android versions. My Redmi Note 4X is running custom Android 9 firmware, while the official firmware is only at Android 7. I just did a check for updates on my Samsung tablet and it there is an Android 10 update, with July 1 security patches, which I am about to install.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I prefer to use the latest version rather than old versions. But of course, [..]
You're missing what was asked in the poll. It's not about using the latest, but which release was your favorite.
Example: "I like Android 10 because of Dark mode" or "I like Android 6 because of finer permission controls".

What was a new addition to Android that made it memorable?

Oreo was my favorite because it added Autofill for apps and Notification dots.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Android 5.0 Lollipop is definitely the most memorable one for me. They almost completely changed the stock android UI in this version and made it more modern with fluid design getting rid of the dated design of Android 4.4 Kitkat. All the modern design language of stock Android started at 5.0 Lollipop. And of course that Flappy Bird like Android Easter egg Lollipop game was a dope time passing addition.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Custom build from who? If it's just a custom ROM, it doesn't include any firmware updates.
It's MiRoom which is a custom version of MIUI 12 from Russia. It is running Android 9, not 7. There are also some Android 10 ROMs for the Note 4X.

Development of MiRoom ROMs stopped a few days ago and I will switch to a different Android 10 based MIUI 12 ROM at some point.

Reactions: Protomartyr

EricaR

Level 1
Aug 4, 2020
Android Lollipop.. I know it's too old to be interested. But, I still use my Samsung Lollipop device.. no repairs.. no lagging.. first battery..it's bee five years..

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.