Advice Request Which security software has the best looking interface

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
For free:

Microsoft Defender: Included in Windows 10, lightweight, free, very clear and complete interface, excellent protection.

Paid:

- Norton :Clear interface, good detection rate, it knows how to be forgotten. However, beware of false positives.

- F-Secure: Very clear interface (reminds me of Microsoft Defender), no settings to do, very good detection rate

- Kaspersky : A clear interface, very good detection rate and adjustable to.

:)

M4RT1NE2

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 19, 2022
I've always liked it:

- Kaspersky (nice, clean, subdued interface) -
- B1 Free Archiver (probably the most beautiful interface in this type of program - no longer supported program - a pity)

There are probably more such programs, but this is an endless list :)

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Strongly dislike Defender's interface but that's off-topic (too scattered, too many outside links, too much jargon). This is strictly personal opinion but I like the Dark Mode of Sandboxie's Sandman interface.

It's geeky software, also with a lot of jargon, but if you have mastered it for your personal needs (very basic for me), you'd like whatever it looks like.

sandman.PNG

superleeds27

Level 6
Verified
Apr 5, 2017
For free:

Microsoft Defender: Included in Windows 10, lightweight, free, very clear and complete interface, excellent protection.

Paid:

- Norton :Clear interface, good detection rate, it knows how to be forgotten. However, beware of false positives.

- F-Secure: Very clear interface (reminds me of Microsoft Defender), no settings to do, very good detection rate

- Kaspersky : A clear interface, very good detection rate and adjustable to.

:)
I do like F-Secure's but it's quite big and in your face on smaller screens. Resizing is only temporary and reverts when opening from the system tray. Sounds petty, but it's one minor annoyance!

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
Avast. Free Avast has a nice minimal interface that opens to intuitive green and purple setting menus. Even the new Avast One has a decent interface once you look past the goofy pictures on the main screens. Avast One Mobile AV looks good too.

A close second for me is Bitdefender. The blue, black and green really pops out of the monitor and it is laid out very well.

C.H.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.