Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Windscribe is my favorite! fast support, good speed, they now accept members from other vpn providers be giving you pro membership if you switch. Switch to Windscribe - Windscribe
Whats the benefits for them?
I mean they get new users, any other benefits for them?

How they do this?
I mean do they get some sort of refund from other VPN provider?
Wont users still use previous VPN account Or How they close other VPN account?

Reactions: Svoll

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I have been messing with vpn's/proxies/ssh/anonymity software since the late 90's.

Through trial and error I have created a list of trusted vpn companies. I rate vpn's on #1 privacy policy/No logs 2#anonymity 3# security #4 anonymous payment methods & #5 country where the vpn company is located

In no particular order I recommend these following vpn's.

AirVPN.org
FrootVPN.com
IVPN.net
Mullvad.net
Perfect-Privacy.com

Below are vpn's I also recommend people look into.

Vpnarea.com
Insorg.org
Multi-vpn.biz
Openvpn.to
1vpns.com

Any questions just ask :)

Reactions: tf44

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Well, I'd recommend CyberGhost because it's free, unlimited and doesn't keep any logs according to privacy policy. The only thing I don't like is the countdown you have to wait when you're trying to connect to server. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Reactions: omidomi

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Hmm...
I think Zero Knowledge really know something about this things :) I have been testing ,,well too many years in the past and nowadays sometimes.

But what i suggest included some Zero Knowldeges suggestion list.

1: AirVPN ( Long time fav, opensource overall and if outsiders look their forum posting and saw their "admins" posting, okay its pretty high level knowledge with words, so newbie doesnT understand nothing. But when you have know it some and post for private you get good clearly answers for problems. Maybe mine first choice, only downside is Italy is not perfect place, but that is not much to complaining, very,very good VPV!)

2: Perfect Privacy (bit pricy, very good overall. You doesn't get good service for cheap or even free! )

3: BolehVPN (just place to be and so are provider.)

4: Windscribe (Very good "newcomer", no leak and good speeds and clean interface etc...keep u good work)

5: Mullvad (does have leak preventention but when i few year ago tested it was still leaking. Accept cash payment in the mail!. < Thats a real thing! )

Reactions: frogboy

Maximus Woods

Mar 7, 2017
Option 10, other. Voted for Ivacy VPN primarily because it works okay for me. I know it's subjective but this no-logs thing is a big deal for me. Oh, and I'm maintaining things on a tight budget too, so... HSS isn't bad either and it's not here as well.

A

antreas

Thread author
Jurisdiction – VPN providers are subject to the laws of the country that they operate in, and these laws (like the Investigatory Powers Act in the UK and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in the US) can force VPN providers to compromise their users. This means VPN providers with significant US and UK presence are compromised by default. These include HideMyAss (UK), VyperVPN (operated from the US), Strong VPN (US), HotSpot Shield (US), IP Vanish (US) and many others.

Reactions: omidomi

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
I have a lifetime subscription to Windscribe. My only complaint with it would be the slow speeds at times.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Tried quite a few of the Premium' VPN's & ended up loving Winsdscribe, unlimited seats (within reason) ability to watch TV from place across the pond is really simple to setup, app for FireStick handy for me. Really really pleased with it. Dialogue box on Windows could be updated but thats all.

Express VPN is good but only three devices at any time, (no good in this house) I got 15 months for twelve on original purchase, I bought a second & got 12, it's their system & they are entitled to run it how they wish but I ended up with refunds. :)

Last edited:

travolta133

Level 1
Jan 24, 2018
I have been a user of VPNs for long time, have tried many however I suggest only 2 as the best vpn so far, Nord and Express vpn. Nordvpn has a very strong encryption for which I give it a plus and it's offering dedicated servers for streaming. Secondly, Expressvpn has I think the biggest number of servers which hardly any other else do have.
You can compare the features of renowned services yourself - Best VPN Service Providers for 2018 – Unblock Content & Secure Your Data

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I have been a user of VPNs for long time, have tried many however I suggest only 2 as the best vpn so far, Nord and Express vpn. Nordvpn has a very strong encryption for which I give it a plus and it's offering dedicated servers for streaming. Secondly, Expressvpn has I think the biggest number of servers which hardly any other else do have.
You can compare the features of renowned services yourself - Best VPN Service Providers for 2018 – Unblock Content & Secure Your Data

ExpressVPN has a large server count because some of the servers are virtual servers, meaning that even though they state that they are from a certain location they may me in fact from another location.

You can read more about it here VPNs are Using Fake Server Locations | Restore Privacy

Reactions: floalma

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.