Question Which VPN service would you recommend? Why?

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 55474
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Which VPN would you recommend?

• CyberGhost VPN

Votes: 24 7.0%
  • Nord VPN

Votes: 60 17.6%
  • F-Secure Freedome VPN

Votes: 29 8.5%
  • ExpressVPN

Votes: 44 12.9%
  • OkayFreedom VPN

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Hide My Ass VPN

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • PureVPN

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • TorGuard VPN

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • IPVanish VPN

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 153 44.9%

• Total voters

bunchuu

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2015
On my Androids devices, Mullvad (bridged via Wireguard) is running permanently. Then if i need i use Tor Browser Android app which exit via a Tor exit node.
So when i'm only on Mullvad my IP and DNS (based on Browserleaks test) is from Mullvad server, but once i run Tor Browser, they change to the Tor exit node.
can you bypass netflix wall using this configuration?

divinenews

Level 1
Jun 26, 2012
Eleven months ago I won a one year license of WindScribe VPN in a contest on another forum. It proved user-friendly to install and operate. I can tell no difference in download or uploading speed and Windscribe has servers in the countries that I visit online.

I keep reading online that ExpressVPN and NordVPN are the two best VPNs available at this time. Is this just the salespeople for the companies hyping these two VPNs, or is this true?

My other question to anyone listening is am I safer online with another VPN or should I stay with WindScribe when it is time to renew. Also, I read conflicting information online about using Tor with a VPN. Some say it is the safest way to surf and be anonymous, while others say Tor alone is enough and using it with a VPN defeats true privacy because they conflict.

My WindScribe VPN license ends in a couple of months and I need somebody who has proven experience to help me.

Thank you,:)
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale.

F

ForgottenSeer 823865

Thread author
I keep reading online that ExpressVPN and NordVPN are the two best VPNs available at this time. Is this just the salespeople for the companies hyping these two VPNs, or is this true?
Marketing hype, they are good but not the best. The top two are IVPN and Mullvad VPN.

1-My other question to anyone listening is am I safer online with another VPN or should I stay with WindScribe when it is time to renew.
2-Also, I read conflicting information online about using Tor with a VPN. Some say it is the safest way to surf and be anonymous, while others say Tor alone is enough and using it with a VPN defeats true privacy because they conflict.
1- a VPN doesn't make you safer, they make you less distinguishable. VPNs have nothing to do with security, it is just about privacy.
2- They don't conflict, they can run one over the other. Personally i use Tor over a VPN.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Eleven months ago I won a one year license of WindScribe VPN in a contest on another forum. It proved user-friendly to install and operate. I can tell no difference in download or uploading speed and Windscribe has servers in the countries that I visit online.

My other question to anyone listening is am I safer online with another VPN or should I stay with WindScribe when it is time to renew. Also, I read conflicting information online about using Tor with a VPN. Some say it is the safest way to surf and be anonymous, while others say Tor alone is enough and using it with a VPN defeats true privacy because they conflict.

My WindScribe VPN license ends in a couple of months and I need somebody who has proven experience to help me.

Thank you,:)
divinenews,
aka Elijah Gale.
If you want faster speeds choose one with more server spread over the globe. But that also depends on the location and internet speed you are having. In my place in the Far East ExpressVPN connects faster and is better than NordVPN.

Seriously, if using TOR for security and anonymity, you can

1) combine a VPN with TOR (ie running TOR over VPN). VPN over TOR is more difficult to do, or
2) using TOR alone with bridges or
3) TOR over onion sites.

There are pros and cons of each method. Otherwise running a carefully chosen VPN alone will suffice for normal use........multihop for better privacy if needed.

Last edited:

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
As Windscribe is working well for you, I recommend you keep using it. I've been using it for some time now and am very happy with it and they appear to be trustworthy.

Something to consider is that It's possible that if you switch VPNs you will get slower internet speeds.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
Yes, I know. I thought you mean that if I am e.g. connected to VPN A, and then disconnect and connect to VPN B, I will have a slower speed, because of the fact that I switched from VPN A to B.
Switching doesn't reduce speed. Speed depends on the ISP and the VPN quality itself.

Reactions: roger_m

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I no longer recommend Windscribe, despite their VPN working very well, due to their terrible customer support. It usually takes 24 hours to receive a reply from support. However with an ongoing issue I'm having, it's now been three days with no response to my last reply to them. I even messaged @windscribe here, but received no reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.