Question Which would you use?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Templarware

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 13, 2021
Quad9 got first place with faster cached, but slower uncoached. I have my router set with Quad9, could that be influencing the result?
Which one would you use looking at this test?

dnstest.png

Reactions: simmerskool

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Based on the test results, I'd recommend sticking with Quad9 due to its faster cached results, as caching is an essential aspect of DNS performance. The router settings with Quad9 may indeed influence the results, but in a positive way.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
You generally aren’t going to be noticing the difference in ms response times for any of those. And you are going to be using cached results most of the time anyway. What you will notice is what CDNs it connects you to based on the routing your ISP has to whatever IP they point you to. You’d probably want to test them each out on the services you use the most to see if performance is your concern.

Also, yes that test gets weird results depending on the router.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.