Advice Request Who Here is Using BitDefender

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
If you would have this idea a just a few days earlier you could've gotten a BPS one year subscription, which has BTS+ Their vpn for 10 devices.

Anyways, I am using it. It is not as heavy as many people think currently around 300mb on my system. But it don't consume any resource other than ram.
It also don't need any user interaction, it can decide 99% of the things on it own. Very good product if you aren't extremally short on ram.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Thanks everyone. I assume default settings are ok? It's been years since I haver tried BitDefender.

Assume you all are using the browser extension?

1649296986211.png

Last edited by a moderator:

devjit2020

Level 2
Apr 7, 2022
I've been using BTS on my family computer for about a year now. It's the most automated suite you'll find and light on resources too. Their behaviour blocker is also really good. If you have 8GB RAM go for it. The only downside is that it writes a large amount of data to your SSD while updating. You can get a 180 days trial of BTS by creating a new account here

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
I would use Bitdefender IS unless you really want the “extras”. In fact their firewall even blocks Toredo for XBOX live and there no good fix if that’s a problem. I would just recommend Antivirus Plus unless you really need the firewall. Otherwise it ran light and quiet on my gaming machine.

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
When I used BD Antivirus Plus last year I found it to be too overprotective/paranoid. It kept pestering me to use the BD Wallet, VPN and Password Manager even though I had those turned off in settings. BD was always throwing up warnings about this, that or the third virus/worm/trojan/botnet whatever bad stuff that had surfaced somewhere on the other side of the world and BD wanted me to know all about it and what I needed to do right that moment to be fully protected. BD also was like an overbearing mother if I did any sort of financial transaction, and that was whether I was using the BD Safe Pay browser or not. The non-stop warnings and continuous nagging got real old real quick and I stopped using BD. BD has great malware protection and it was ok when it was not bugging me, but it did also slow my browser a little. Not enough to worry about, just a little slow.

C.H.

Trooper

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Well after trying it for a few days, I do not think it's for me. It does not feel as light as other products and it did slow my system down more than I would like. Funny enough, web browsing seemed faster with it vs WD. Time to test something else. Thanks everyone for your input.

simbatippe1234

Level 3
Oct 14, 2021
HI, I use Bitdefender Total Security & have done so for 5 years, I will never switch AV-Suite again.
It uses about 300mb Ram in day-to-day operations, and when it scans it is super light.
I can't recommend it enough, it is IMHO the best AV out there.(y)
My system is 8GB Ram 2.4 GHz and Bitdefender runs just fine.
;)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.