Whose Advice Are You More Likely To Follow

Who do you trust the most for your computer security advice.

• Malware Tips Members

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Advice In Other Forums

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Articles In Security Related Media

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Experts Blogs or Videos

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Security Providers ( Norton, Avast etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

ErzCrz

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
MalwareTips in general. I was a that sort of person that would change with every time a new test result is published but less so these days. A lot of the media posts are often paid for or sponsored by your Norton or Avast etc so I take those with a pinch of salt.

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017
In the end, I take responsibility for my actions. There is wrong advice everywhere... more in some place than others. I will find what seems to be a solution to my need, and continue to affirm or refute what is offered.

Where I can't have full assurance, I resolve to have a backup plan to help undo any well-intentioned, but wrong advice.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
MT/Wilders almost goes without saying.

I have found that several sites like ghacks have been incredibly useful for certain tweaks and system issues.

Though, like many here, I 've been running Windows exclusively, the irony is, I can't recall in recent memory anything Microsoft had to help me out. Especially for Windows 11 questions and issues. Always have to get the answers elsewhere. Like here. (y)

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
MT/Wilders almost goes without saying
Indeed, plus many of the sites linked by members' posts.
i'm afraid because we lost some expert members
People come and go, it's in the nature of life, but MT is still a great forum.
MT.
There are no barriers of age or position, and you can listen to opinions without being influenced by interests.
(y)(y)
In the end, I take responsibility for my actions. There is wrong advice everywhere... more in some place than others. I will find what seems to be a solution to my need, and continue to affirm or refute what is offered.
(y) (y)

Captain Holly

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
MT forum members, without a doubt. I have already learned a lot in the short time I have been here. I read Wilders too but not nearly so much as I do here. I read TenForums when I have problems with MS or want to learn about MS or Windows itself. I rarely read any advice or posts on the actual MS site. Most of the answers they give are way too complicated for an Average Joe like me to even comprehend, much less put into use.

C.H.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018

Where I can't have full assurance, I resolve to have a backup plan to help undo any well-intentioned, but wrong advice.
I agree.
The final decision should be made by you.
What I'm looking for is ideas and advice on the process of reaching a decision. Therefore, opposing opinions are also helpful.

This is partly due to my personality, but in the real world, my emotions sometimes get in the way and I cannot calmly understand opposing opinions. In this respect, exchanging opinions on the Internet is very helpful.

Another advantage that cannot be overlooked is that you can organize your thoughts in the process of proofreading the translated text.
However, whether or not it is correctly conveyed is another matter.:oops:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.