Why (almost) everyone uses Chrome?

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I used to use Vivaldi because it had all the settings I needed. However, it was slower than other chromium browsers. I ended up with Opera dev installed on a RAM disk. Very happy with it. Chrome is faster overall, compared to non chromium browsers.

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Because it is fast and secure and Google is a big name.
I personally never used Chrome, but always went with Chromium based browsers such as Opera and Vivaldi. In my opinion Firefox was always behind Chrome/Chromium. Too much bugs, crash champion and Gecko was a slower rendering engine. New firefox is already a bit better, but they are way too late with these changes to come close to Chrome again. Never liked Mozilla at all.

Peter Phillie

Level 1
Verified
Jul 12, 2018
I'm also a Chrome user and I'm satisfied with its' security features. Google Chrome has a very basic or simple design, that makes it easy to use. Also, it is faster than other browsers when it comes to installation, loading pages, etc. and it allows me to use an Incognito window that does not record my past history of log-ins.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
I use chrome only for banking and that kind of stuff, then i have alternative browser with customization for browsing, like centbrowser, comodo ice dragon with more features

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Back in 2010, Mozilla failed to deliver Firefox 4 on time. Switched to Chrome, 8 years and counting.

Article from October 2010: Firefox 4.0 Delayed

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
What it comes to is how you've experienced using both (if you have) and how you feel about both browsers.

Use which ever browser you like. Use the browser you feel using based off your own reasons, knowledge and experience.

With the above everyone would have a different route of how they've used a browser based on the 3.

~LDogg

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
After the launch of FF Quantum a chromium is used as a secondary on my system.
I am using FF beta these days and i am very satisfied with it's performance.
Although RAM usage is bigger than Chromium browsers i found out that with the latest builds FF is using less CPU than Chromium.
Last thing, although Chromium browsers are safer than FF i rely on other software to have my system secure.

L

Local Host

Google Chrome is the only browser that works perfectly in all the websites I visit, although I don't trust Google, Vivaldi is not ready to be my main browser as it's still unstable, lacking features and some extensions don't work.

I trust Opera even less than Chrome since it was acquired by the Chinese. Never liked Mozilla Firefox either, was always overrated, back in the day I used Internet Explorer and was proud of it (was lighter and way more stable than Firefox).

Microsoft Edge is my secondary browser at the moment, but I rarely use it (as I said, Chrome is the only browser that works perfectly in all the websites I visit).

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I mean, watching videos or something like that, almost everyone has Chrome as their main browser. How so? Chrome is not that good, I think
My guesses would be:
If you buy a new pc or laptop which browser is often preinstalled (besides maybe IE)? From what i saw it was often chrome.
Or you download a software and its often bundled with a checkbox to install chrome and make it your new main browser.
So if a user buys a pc with preinstalled browser chances are high he/she will stick with it. (People reading forums like this will have other reasons i guess :D )

Reactions: stefanos

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
And the best at chrome is the translator. Persons like me with bad english is the only choice. Without chrome i can t stay to MalwareTips :)
I use Chrome (cent) and Fire Fox differently. Although Firefox can also translate with add-ons, I feel bad usability such as being unable to move to the link on the translated page.
It feels that Chrome is worth using even just the translation function.;)

I mean, watching videos or something like that, almost everyone has Chrome as their main browser. How so? Chrome is not that good, I think

The marketing claims made by publishers about their browsers are just that... marketing claims. The whole argument of which is faster, which is most secure, etc, etc is meaningless. The claims of one browser being more secure than another are almost never substantiated. Browser security is often over-hyped, twisted and over-estimated. And deep investigations of browsers only adds to the nauseating confusion. The studies are sometimes flawed, poorly explained, etc. Most users don't understand them - not even the technically correct ones.

Use the browser that works best for you personally on your specific system. You won't know unless you try them all.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.