Why are so many people having trouble with Chrome?

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Still..this A holes attack you mentioned above really concerned me since I am a chrome user and make me quite paranoid now o_O I think I need to go to malware section, thanks for informing this :)
Hi I think you will see why I started this thread if you visit our malware section!;)
Yes you have to be a safe surfer also. My seniors are to trusting, but I'm trying my best to inform and educate them.
The internet is a cesspool!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi I'm very happy with all the replies on this thread.
Thanks to all that have replied. Some thing is going on with the Chrome browser.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well let's considerate since Google Chrome became popular therefore those malware writers wanted more $$$ since its a most use browser all the time so expected many security holes.

Also goes for other browsers too and these things will force the developers to patch them rapidly, it varies on where the target demands so reason why few on FF even in IE.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi James! I think it may be time for Google Chrome to wake up and smell the roses. My seniors are experiencing some major problems with Chrome. If you visit our malware section here on MT, you will see there are some major problems with Chrome and malware.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Well done Fiona congrats on a great job. ;):D

Top 3 browsers do not have that much of a diff between them, it depends on the user's choice. The most important thing required is a bit of common sense.
Hi scot. I agree 100%. Common sense is the best defense, but I really believe there is more to this story about Google Chrome.
That's what I'm feeling.

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
Hi I have also noticed it takes longer that the other browsers. Good question. I don't have a answer!
so curious i thought it was my DD that was working bad :/ well as far as i know the only infection problem i found with chrome was with a nasty plugin that was very hard to remove so i decided to create a script for removing it.... however i think that here applies the same tendency as occurs with windows let me explain:

many people think that mac os and linux are safe (certainly they are) but we are not custom to see malware targeting these OS why? simple.... these OS are used by a few people.. and most of that people have at least some knowledge about security and is not lucrative for malware developers, creating a malware that will only make a little revenue. With windows is different you can create a malware that will infect almost the whole generation of the OS and as everybody uses this OS it will be more profitable... so is the same with chrome... why do we have to create a malware for safari??? almost no one uses this software so.. there isnt any sense... also people are just unaware of the dangers that may be around... as some said "you are unsafe in the right time you open your browser"

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hi! I spend a lot of time reading the threads in the malware section, even though I can't reply. I replied once by mistake about this very Google Chrome problem because I found Chrome was causing seniors problems. Google Chrome was infected and was causing all kinds of trouble.
Running Malwarebytes found 1,200+ infections and PUP's, but Chrome escaped Malwarebytes, so I tried to uninstall Chrome. Chrome would not uninstall. The message I got was that Chrome was still running and I needed to shut it down. I installed REVO uninstaller and was able to remove Chrome. The PC then ran great. I have noticed that members are being told to uninstall Chrome in our malware section and are having problems uninstalling it. Here's what I found that should help uninstalling Chrome. Here's the link that explains what needs to be done.
Google Chrome needs to find out why their browser is getting infected and they need to find out soon!https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/fzi1DjIxVH4
http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Google-Chrome

Last edited:

Tani

Level 9
Verified
Nov 25, 2014
Actually trojans & keylogger processes these days are also named as chrome as it's a common browser so that victim may not be suspicious about the activity.

jim lin

Level 8
Aug 6, 2012

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Since it's the most common and popular browser, most generic malware and malvertising will work primary on chrome, if they lazy it won't on gecko based browsers. I've been using Pale Moon for a couple of years and never had any issues with it, can't say the same about ff, it was crashing to often for me to use it, and they rapid release cycle broke my addons so many times it became a joke.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.