Solved Why can't any of my media player run this movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneTutorials

Thread author
May 19, 2011
I download a movie few hours ago, but when I opened it up, I got a message "Codec Error: Use Windows Media Player". I tried using all the other programs even VLC, WMP, PowerDVD, QuickTime etc. neither of them worked. Does anyone knows how to make it work?

fdsfds.png

Or should I download any other codec players?

Dejan

Mar 3, 2011
Well, according to this topic I found:
http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=64879

As you can see, if you obtained the video through means of warez (meaning used a torrent or something like that), it's most likely fake. I'd suggest doing a quick scan with MBAM or something.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

It is a big FAKE !!!! generally on P2P networks, im used to this kind of screens. If you are a bit smart, you can see on your screenshot that your movie last 19 seconds for 7-800mb downloaded...something wrong no? :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.