Advice Request Why do I have to enter a captcha sometimes when going to Amazon.com ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
Mainly happens after all my cache and cookies are deleted.

why.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oldschool

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Mainly happens after all my cache and cookies are deleted.

View attachment 271617
It usually happens when a site detects unusual activity from your IP address or device. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as using a VPN or proxy server, or accessing the site from a location with a high number of known botnets.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
It usually happens when a site detects unusual activity from your IP address or device. This could be due to a variety of factors, such as using a VPN or proxy server, or accessing the site from a location with a high number of known botnets.
For some odd reason I am doing everything the same but Firefox does not do this anymore. Weird.

Reactions: Jack

Zero Knowledge

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 2, 2016
I would say it's because of bots and people are probably using Chrome or other Chrome variants or Chrome user agents to do fraud. Plus, they probably have got some hits from your residential I.P range with hacked accounts. Unless you are using a vpn? But big e-commerce sites like Amazon & eBay have other ways to block malicious traffic and don't usually block you just because you're using a vpn, sometimes you get captchas, but they still let you buy even with vpn which is strange

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.