Solved Why do I keep getting new ad tabs every time I click on something

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
Hello,

Thank you for reading. Prior posting, I have tried several restores, uninstalls etc but to to avail. The new tab keeps popping up. I am quite lost on what to do next.

Regards,

PNPN

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
  • FRST.txt
    83.3 KB · Views: 8

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
Hi,
Thanks for helping.
I have cleared both Chrome and Edge cache, but the new tab still pops up. Its wonderlandads.

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
Hi TwinHeadedEagle,

I was browsing on the other threads which has similar symptoms like mine. I thought the router/modem might be compromised, since my smart tv is doing the same thing as my laptop now. However, when I tethered this laptop to my cellphone, it is still doing pop-up thing. I am even more confused now.

Regards,

pnpn

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
I can, but it will take me awhile to do it, since I need to get all the information from my ISP.
What I don't understand at the moment is that this laptop is still doing the pop-up thing, even without using the router.
Do you think this laptop has been infected, router or both ?

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
My ISP will be coming with a new modem/router tomorrow morning, since I have forgotten its PPPoe password on it.
I figured this will be safer as well if the modem is compromised. In the interim, is there anything else that I should check or do TwinHeadedEagle ?

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
Whenever I restart my Laptop, I am seeing this quick bleep /split second program and its loaded something. Probably about 0.5 seconds quick. Do you think its the malware ?

On another matter, now I am seeing this in my router:
4 00:00:00:00:00:00 192.168.1.5 -1 sec Static
I have never seen this before nor have a static connection to my router.

Any thoughts ?

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
New router will be arriving in a few hours.
Thank you for replying.
Greatly appreciated.
Regards.

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
Hello,

Modem/Router has been changed and reset to default settings now.
Regards.

Reactions: Ink

pnpn

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Dec 7, 2016
TV, has no more pop ups.
Laptop still has pop ups.
All other devices has not been connected to wifi until further instructions from you.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.