Why does gmail block MalwareTips emails from coming in ?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
So how do i prevent it to block or put MalwareTips email in spam please?
Mark it as Important or Add a Star or select Filter those messages and create a rule.

Attachments

• capture_08232020_092344.jpg
    capture_08232020_092344.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 525

IkariGradius

Level 2
Verified
Jan 17, 2019
As I see others already gave you all the useful info, I'd like to offer you a more extreme solution: just don't use Gmail. There's so many good free and paid email providers, I really don't see what's worth sacrificing your data and accepting Google's dictatorship censorship. Not to mention those deceptive ads designed to look like mails 🤮

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Why does gmail block MalwareTips emails from coming in ?
I see that no one answered your question, so here is the answer you're looking for.

The reason why so many mails from different websites go directly to spam is, well, spam. Let me explain a bit more.
Many websites (if not most of them) are hosted on shared web server. It's cheaper and the most affordable way to host a website. It's cheap because the web server isn't hosting just your website, or sending just your e-mail; it's hosting much, much more. Because the shared web hosting is so affordable, spammers are quick to abuse it; creating a fake website and sending thousands and thousands mails to random e-mail addresses. And because spammer uses the same mail server as your website, your mail will go directly to spam too.

There are other reasons why legit mails might come to spam, but I wouldn't say these are really often. Here's some of them;
  1. a lot of people mark mail from domain as a spam
  2. mail from domain comes too often, so spam filter thinks it's spam
  3. mail contains word(s) often used by spammers
  4. mail contains grammar errors
As I see others already gave you all the useful info, I'd like to offer you a more extreme solution: just don't use Gmail. There's so many good free and paid email providers, I really don't see what's worth sacrificing your data and accepting Google's dictatorship censorship. Not to mention those deceptive ads designed to look like mails 🤮
I always stick to the most popular e-mail services for a reason. When I was younger I wanted to try different e-mail services because I thought all of them are the same and that all of them should work the same—I was wrong.
I used some other not widely known e-mail services for a few months, just to test them. They all worked fine for a few weeks, but suddenly they stopped getting mails from Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo. After unable to fix the problem, or to just find out what happened with the mail and why it never arrived, I closed the account on those services and registered to Gmail and Outlook.com.

Since then, I avoid not very known e-mail services; it's just not worth the risk for me.

Last edited:

ng4ever

Level 16
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016

I agree. I used a different email provider before but had to switch because it blocked even more legitimate stuff.

It sucks.

The reason I switched to gmail is because it blocked hardly anything legitimate and was the only thing that would work with all my platforms together well sadly. :(

Reactions: Cortex

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.