Advice Request Why does Iobit have such a bad reputation?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are IObit Programs so bad?

• No, all Programs are nice

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • The Iobit uninstaller is good

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Advanced SystemCare is good

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • MalwareFighter is good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing from IObit is good

Votes: 63 54.8%

• Total voters

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
The amount of HYPE created doesn't reflect in the quality of their products not even 30%
Malware Fighter pro is one such example..apart from Bit defender signatures it is non sense
Follows Advanced system care pro:D

Reactions: Dave Russo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Iobit Uninstaller is good, but everything else from Iobit is not worth it to touch. Iobit MalwareFighter Free is like Microsoft Security Essential AV with a worst detection rate ratio.
Microsoft Security Essentials was not bad when it first started, but eventually outdated by newer technologies in Windows 8.1 and 10. What's the obsession with Detection Ratio..

DrSnake09

Jul 14, 2018
My question is, why people use this trash of software? Any simple software can do it for you. Iobit is ridicilous they make things they don't understand.

For example Iobit Malware Fighter is the WORST software you can trust, they is easy bypassed. Any Skid with a little of Knowledge can bypass that. And people think that will protect you from bad guys, even Skids can joke with this trash of "AntiMalware Fighter" some virus he detects, but strong and good encrypted virus it won't detect easily.

Now about Iobit Advanced Cleaner, this is pure trash. Their protection about "spyware" incluided on Iobit Advanced Care Pro is trash, it don't detects nothing. I have used Iobit Advanced Pro in the past, I never see any virus being detected or removed with their protection feature of "Anti-Spyware or virus" in Advanced SystemCare.

I never will use again that software, never. I don't touch or installed Advanced Systemcare been a long years. I don't need.

CCleaner is simple and can do it for you for Free, you have alternative System Ninja (of Singular Labs) any of this can be used for free without a lot of trash features that won't work.

Optimizing? Oh, you can do that on Windows. What happens is the Iobit do the magic for you (to be clear, he do it automatically change the settings for you) but people with no brain, thinks their software are so good and amazing, they use features of Windows to clean your computer, even a kid know how to change settings and colors of Windows it is basic, and you can learn this within 10 minutes lol.

Seriously guys, if you have it installed. You should consider remove it because it are using your RAM/CPU unnecessarily and make it more slower than faster LOL.

If you guys want more speed on your computer buy a SSD and you will see a good improvement, Iobit won't speed up your HDD speed don't expect any miracles, because what Iobit does you can do on your computer, change some settings basically.

Sorry for something, but this is true and is my opinion, of course some people don't agree with me, others maybe yes.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
For example Iobit Malware Fighter is the WORST software you can trust, they is easy bypassed.
That's got nothing to do with any of their other products.
Their protection about "spyware" incluided on Iobit Advanced Care Pro is trash, it don't detects nothing.
It's not intended to have excellent detection rates. It does detect some things and doesn't have issues with false positives, so it's not all bad. ASC is mainly a system optimisation/cleanup tool.
Seriously guys, if you have it installed. You should consider remove it because it are using your RAM/CPU unnecessarily and make it more slower than faster LOL.
It actually uses very little RAM and CPU and as a result, it does not slow down my computer. I use Smart RAM, which is included with ASC and it gives me much more free RAM than without it.

ASC is not always going to make a computer run faster, but it is safe to use and won't cause any problems.

I just tried System Ninja and it doesn't seem to be very good at cleaning junk compared to Wise Disk Cleaner.

F

ForgottenSeer 67480

Most safer cleaner on cleaning PC is: Kerish Doctor. On uninstalling junks on our PC: Wise Program Uninstaller. Antivirus to test with free trial on 1 month: Heimdal / Thor Premium Home, cuz Heimdal offers even free version, maybe without real-time protection, but nothing is bad from Heimdal products. from Free antiviruses i can suggest Kaspersky Security Cloud Free or SecureAPlus.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Most safer cleaner on cleaning PC is: Kerish Doctor. On uninstalling junks on our PC: Wise Program Uninstaller.
Since I helped IObit fix the false positives in their registry cleaner a few years ago, Kerish Doctor and Advanced SystemCare are both equally safe to use and won't delete any needed files or registry keys. The only exception is if you enable deep cleaning in ASC's registry cleaner. But this option is only available in the paid Pro version and is disabled by default.

Wise Program Uninstaller is not as good as finding leftovers as IObit or Revo. Also, IObit Uninstaller has the benefit of having a batch uninstall mode and being able to scan for leftovers are rebooting.

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
The only program from Iobit I would not use is Iobit Uninstaller free. The pro clean good but the free not. Personaly i use REVO pro. The rest i use ASC pro and Driver booster pro for more of 15 years. Never i had one problem. I love this programs. The only bad program is malware figter

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
Since I helped IObit fix the false positives in their registry cleaner a few years ago, Kerish Doctor and Advanced SystemCare are both equally safe to use and won't delete any needed files or registry keys. The only exception is if you enable deep cleaning in ASC's registry cleaner. But this option is only available in the paid Pro version and is disabled by default.

Wise Program Uninstaller is not as good as finding leftovers as IObit or Revo. Also, IObit Uninstaller has the benefit of having a batch uninstall mode and being able to scan for leftovers are rebooting.
My friends experienced issues caused by kerish doctor so both aren't safe.
Anyway moved them to powershell scripts and privazer both automatic rather then kerish on demand (had minor performance issues with realtime kerish real-time as well on friends PCS ).

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
When you start deleting items from the registry IMO you may at some time in the future have problems that are not fixable unless you clean install - As roger_m a long time member said he helped IOBIT fix their FP's - If they aren't capable of doing this themselves & they write registry software I can only wonder who they employ? I never actually seen definite proof that so called registry cleaners (or most cleaners) do anything to aid a PC's speed.

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
When you start deleting items from the registry IMO you may at some time in the future have problems that are not fixable unless you clean install - As roger_m a long time member said he helped IOBIT fix their FP's - If they aren't capable of doing this themselves & they write registry software I can only wonder who they employ? I never actually seen definite proof that so called registry cleaners (or most cleaners) do anything to aid a PC's speed.
Based on my testing, at least 99% of registry cleaners have at least minor problems with false positives. This means that they will sometimes cause problems. However such problems are easily avoided if you never clean the registry. Aside from some exceptionally rare cases, cleaning the registry won't improve performance or fix problems. As a result, it doesn't matter if you never clean it.

While it's not good that IObit were unable to write a safe registry cleaner without some help, false positives are an issue for just about every registry cleaner ever written. Even CCleaner's registry cleaner has issues with false positives, even though it is widely regarded as being safe to use.

Cheeseman

Level 1
Jun 10, 2020
I have used many (if not most/all) of Iobit's "tools". I hate to say it but even Avast managed to vastly outperform their protection, and let's be realistic, Avast is definietly not a top-tier dog in the field...
"Advanced SystemCare": the software's protection is memetic, a simple .dll file contains the info wether it's the pro, ultimate or free.... No words needed. What I hate about this tool is that it tries to do the magic, which is just adjusting the necessary settings, which requires very little knowledge, let along a CS Degree... Oh and it requires other tools (literally) to do the job. No thanks for me.
"Malware Fighter": beyond hope. The only thing it has is the Bitdefender integration. If Malware Fighter fights against malware, adware, etc, than I have serious questions to its makers.... Other avs does a fantastic job there.
"uninstaller": it may be good, but there are better options, just use your search tool(s)
Questionable the fact, that there's no audit nor any news related to 1. the company 2. its staff 3. its "products" 4. accidents (if any happened). It's a bit shady to me...

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
I used Iobit's uninstaller in the past but now I've replaced it with Hibit uninstaller since that one worked better. Only Iobit product I use now is the unlocker which is great and worked better for me than some other alternatives.
I also had mostly positive experience with their driver updater. It messed up my audio driver which was one negative experience. It fixed my wifi driver however when the one from HP's site messed it up. That was with my old device, not used it with my current one however.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.