Advice Request Why does Iobit have such a bad reputation?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Are IObit Programs so bad?

• No, all Programs are nice

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • The Iobit uninstaller is good

Votes: 34 29.6%
  • Advanced SystemCare is good

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • MalwareFighter is good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing from IObit is good

Votes: 63 54.8%

• Total voters

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Humans.

Early releases of IObit Uninstaller were very good in my opinion, the newer versions introduced a 2 tier system; Free and Pro.

ASC is very popular, but how many PC users actually need half the features..? No one needs to regularly "deep clean" their PC for better performance. If you have a crap PC, then you have crap hardware. Want a speed boost? Upgrade the internals. Software can only do so much, the rest of the time it's a placebo effect.

Examples;
You clear the cache, you free up 2GB. You open the browser, that space gets filled up again.
You optimise your drive, you install and uninstall a couple programs, it's fragmented again.

Other maintenance tools may exploit the Windows userbase with all sorts of claims.

MalwareFighter is OK, but poor when compared to full-feature Antivirus and Anti-malware alternatives. Not something I would personally use ever.
their smart defrag is not bad

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020
their smart defrag is not bad
Defraging a normal HDD is fine but its not recommended to Defrag SSDs. I would hope by now most people
are using a SSD has their boot drive has it makes a huge difference in overall system load times.

I personally think their driver booster software is very good, Some people may have a different opinion and that's a good thing,
if everyone liked all the same things we would all be would with the same chic. :ROFLMAO:

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Defraging a normal HDD is fine but its not recommended to Defrag SSDs. I would hope by now most people
are using a SSD has their boot drive has it makes a huge difference in overall system load times.

I personally think their driver booster software is very good, Some people may have a different opinion and that's a good thing,
if everyone liked all the same things we would all be would with the same chic. :ROFLMAO:
I know that but the HHD defrag is fast&good(I got an ssd for system drive) :]

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
But I still want to ask why does iobit has a such bad reputation?
Theis produces are cheap and good (not all but most of them)
Their response to feed back is good(gives response)

they do giveaways which made their pro almost free, and the Malwarebytes thing I mean they got their own with Bitdefender now
They didn't do scams or something like that..........

Reactions: Venustus and Nevi

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

they do giveaways which made their pro almost free, and the Malwarebytes thing I mean they got their own with Bitdefender now
I don't think this "bad reputation" is limited to just them some people love BitDefender others call it BugDefender.
Some love Windows Defender others call it useless the same with KasPerSky, it will slow down your system or Norton blah blah blah.

At the end of the day peoples opinions are limited to their own good or bad experiences. All it takes is one negative experience to label a company "bad".

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
It's mostly due to them stealing Malwarebyte's signatures a number of years ago. Some people refuse to use their software and continue to have a bad option of them due to what happened in the past. As well, there are some who will criticise any cleaning/driver update/etc. software.

Last edited:

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014

A lot of their stuff is free and also very good imo.(bar Malware Fighter free)

Yes the Malwarebytes incident keeps cropping up but don`t forget that some cultures have never had copyright law so all that`s a bit of a grey issue....to them.

My only gripe with ASC is that they can be a bit annoying ignoring modified settings and wanting to popup all over the place but this is easily remedied with a trip to services and setting it to manual.

My win10 laptop recently had become a tad slow and was due some maintenance so I ran ASC and now it`s back in the fast lane:cool:

Regards Eck:)

Antig

Level 1
Mar 23, 2021
I agree it's usually excellent, matter of fact I bought a couple of years ago their product and used it without hassles.
By the way, a year ago license expired and they demanded payment for another year. I was uncertain and hesitated for three weeks,by the end of which they had halved the subscription price two or three times. I said to myself: why not immediately 8 € instead of 25 or 30 €? I was impressed by the discount and renewed
.Then their various 'helpers' like the software updater began telling me i had to update when i had already done it the day before and had been declared 'updated' by them on countless occasions. Removal of fragmented or remnants of software also misfired likewise.
The final curtain came when I could not find anymore my Thunderbird mail program, nothing of it existed in my Windows10 laptop,not even the Registry carried a single item in it. I did not make any mistake,be assured.
Iobit uninstaller had accomplished what CCleaner never did in 20 years of use and also Privazer never dreamed of: the hidden intent of AI of deciding by itself what to uninstall!
Luckily I always have an Aomei image ready and didnt fall into gloomy moods,but
I had no other option than go back to the less trendy but more secure Revo.
Just my two cents of experience.
antig

• Wow
Reactions: Behold Eck

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.