Why does League of Legends (game) create so many outgoing connections to their servers?

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
d9rYNvk.png

I keep getting firewall's alerts that a connection was created by the application of League of Legend's launcher up to a random IP that usually changes. It's weird, since no game ever did this to me, not even a game client like Steam. I am for certain that I'm not infected, but what is this? Telemetry? Holy mother of God I get alerts every three minutes.

RoboMan

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Does KIS has such option to show this type of detailed reports? Firewall report only showing "Task started" reports.
Yes it does, do not hijack my thread please. You can post under Kaspersky section.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Personal I have no idea how that game works along with it's host and clients connections. If I was you I would probably check and try backtrack a few of those IPs, just to be better sure they aren't malicious.

redsworn

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Dec 6, 2017
I never played League so I don't exactly know. But generally speaking some online games with multiple regional severs tend to check the latency to these servers periodically in the background. It helps the game to determine servers with lowest latency in your region. And judging from the timestamp patterns, it's just might what actually happens. You might still want to check those IPs just to be safe though.

Reactions: upnorth
F

ForgottenSeer 76546

It creates a new rule at every single update, that's why.
Edit: Nervermind i didn't see the time, so i don't think it's that. :unsure:

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019
Open "Store"/"Champion reveal", at the same time keeping Network connections open at background, you'll see that LeagueClientUx.exe will create a billion more connection's on the fly, just left click and "Resolve host names", they are completely fine, that's just how League works. I haven't seen it connect to a malicious server ever. Personally, I ignore those and don't pay any attention, unless Eset would ever warn about something particulary suspicious..

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
d9rYNvk.png

I keep getting firewall's alerts that a connection was created by the application of League of Legend's launcher up to a random IP that usually changes. It's weird, since no game ever did this to me, not even a game client like Steam. I am for certain that I'm not infected, but what is this? Telemetry? Holy mother of God I get alerts every three minutes.
How to show that in Eset? Is it by logging?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
I would not worry about it. Most are obvious CDNs:

34.192.0.0 - 34.255.255.255 - Amazon
52.32.0.0 - 52.63.255.255 - Amazon
99.83.64.0 - 99.84.255.255 - Amazon
104.16.0.0 - 104.31.255.255 - Cloudflare

And the last IP is probably your public IP or a local server, provided by lacnic.net. Not going to type it down, so robots could grab it. :giggle:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Deletedmessiah

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.