Advice Request Why security suites use an insecure connection?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

PotentialUser

Level 1
May 28, 2020
Bravo to Emsisoft. Well thought out process and I appreciate that level of transparency with the customer too!

Yes, it’s quite remarkable how transparent they are. Thank you for giving me the idea of asking them about their updates directly. If you hadn’t posted, I probably would’ve just taken Chakuz at his/her word. But knowing what I know now, I feel even better about using Emsisoft’s products.

PotentialUser

Level 1
May 28, 2020
Basically, you shouldn't trust anyone - neither me nor Emsisoft - you can check everything yourself.

But the transparency at Emsisoft is great! (y)
Thank's for asking

You’re right. I’m fairly new to the intricacies of netsec and online security in general so checking for things like these are out of my league. For now. I hope to continuously learn from people with more knowledge than myself like most of you here at MalwareTips.

The idea of AV vendors not securing their connections never crossed my mind as I (naively) assumed most would encrypt everything. That’s pretty basic stuff; especially these days. Even I know that.

You gave me a new perspective on this topic. Thank you @Chakuz.

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
Basically, you shouldn't trust anyone - neither me nor Emsisoft - you can check everything yourself.

But the transparency at Emsisoft is great! (y)
Thank's for asking
Thank you for your testing and results. Of course everyone is free to conduct their own testing but you doing so allowed the rest of us to skip the testing and go directly to technical discussion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.