Advice Request Wifi router recommendation required..

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Brahman

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I am planning to upgrade my existing basic (D-Link dir 825) wifi router to something better. The existing dlink one will be used as range extender. I am thinking of something which can give me a gigabit ethernet port ( for my pc) and wifi 5ghz function. Apart from that I would like to have DOH support (dns over https) for setting up Nextdns in router itself. What all routers support doH currently? I am thinking of getting MikroTik hAP ac (MikroTik) which is available in India. Do you guys have anything else to suggest?

bayasdev

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 10, 2015
I am planning to upgrade my existing basic (D-Link dir 825) wifi router to something better. The existing dlink one will be used as range extender. I am thinking of something which can give me a gigabit ethernet port ( for my pc) and wifi 5ghz function. Apart from that I would like to have DOH support (dns over https) for setting up Nextdns in router itself. What all routers support doH currently? I am thinking of getting MikroTik hAP ac (MikroTik) which is available in India. Do you guys have anything else to suggest?
Don't buy hap ac, buy hap ac2

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I have heard that the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 is a good router. As its been available for a few years, there are second hand models available on ebay (at least in the UK) for a reasonable price. I've never used it myself but the reviews are good and it has lots of security options apparently. Like lots of these top end routers, there is no in-built modem so that needs to be purchased separately.

Reactions: ng4ever and Brahman

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.