Will the malware someday become Artificially Intelligent?

Malware most certainly will. You guys touting Ai solutions don't realize that the malc0ders have long since had their hands on Ai and machine learning and quantum computing too.

What a joke.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
That's not strange at all, that's off the shelf stuff now. Go down the rabbit hole farther and see the radionics, action at a distance and entanglement, remote viewing and PPI manipulation (aka psychosis inducement) and a whole bunch of other weird stuff out of the scope of this thread. The lust for 'control' from our military industrial complex is frightening. I suspect under the guise of 'it's to help us fight bad guys' keeps it acceptable for people when in reality everyone knows deep down it will be turned inward. (or has)

I understand where you are coming from. What I will say is some of the great generals fell pray to the seductiveness of women and politics. And maybe a few presidents. Think General Petraeus. He was the head of Afghanistan and the CIA. Somebody in high places brought him down. That was another mistake by the Gov. I also don't do learning new electronics now that I am retired. I don't follow it anymore. Maybe I should care but don't .

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
Yes once AI and super computers are aligned
Maybe the cause of the slowness Chris H was referring to is in there boredog maybe a lack of processing power, or perhaps the amount of data involved, or the fact that AI is still young is the bottleneck. Just a thought from a layman.

+1 btw starting trucks with a foot button and the old TV's what a change huh. Haven't thought of that in a long time.

Chris H

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Yes once AI and super computers are aligned no encryption will matter. I only wish I was not old and retired or I would go into AI research.
I'm totally thinking about it. It seems like a good investment. Every thing is heading towards automation. I think that soon it might become standard practice. With all the new devices being created how do you protect yourself besides keep up with the latest trends? I was experimenting with some malware the other day to see if my software was working or not and both of my best programs couldn't detect the Trojan, but machine learning was the only thing that was able to pick it up and protect my computer.

L

Local Host

I'm totally thinking about it. It seems like a good investment. Every thing is heading towards automation. I think that soon it might become standard practice. With all the new devices being created how do you protect yourself besides keep up with the latest trends? I was experimenting with some malware the other day to see if my software was working or not and both of my best programs couldn't detect the Trojan, but machine learning was the only thing that was able to pick it up and protect my computer.
I don't find any of the IoT amazing (including AI), having Software in your cars, fridge, tv, etc... Opens the door to Cyber Crimes and Terrorism, nothing like having your front door hacked due to using finger print scanning.

Not to mention the whole privacy concerns that have already been brought to the table, with the Samsung Smart TVs.

Now with an AI on top managing all that doesn't seem safe at all, it can still be hacked, there's nothing 100% safe. I rather have 4 steel bars on my front door, than an AI using facial recognition any day.

Chris H

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I don't find any of the IoT amazing (including AI), having Software in your cars, fridge, tv, etc... Opens the door to Cyber Crimes and Terrorism, nothing like having your front door hacked due to using finger print scanning.

Not to mention the whole privacy concerns that have already been brought to the table, with the Samsung Smart TVs.

Now with an AI on top managing all that doesn't seem safe at all, it can still be hacked, there's nothing 100% safe. I rather have 4 steel bars on my front door, than an AI using facial recognition any day.
Investment as in its worth learning. I wouldn't advise anyone to buy those products for those exact reasons. Soon there won't be 4 steel bars.

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Artificially intelligent malware + Artificially intelligent anti-malware :eek:

I can only imagine what it would be like for 2 AIs to interact. Maybe, it would be like JARVIS vs ULTRON, talking and fighting it out. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Anyway, just like what others have said, talks of AI are more of a hype. The term is still highly debatable. Yes, a program may be artificial, but it may not be considered "intelligent." Intelligence, for some, means being self-aware and self-learning. Until a program is aware of itself and until it learns on its own, then it may not be intelligent, after all. But for others, being intelligent merely means, at the least, being able to do very complex tasks (e.g. communication) and being able to choose the best choice from a myriad of choices. All in all, though, it's all in the fight of semantics. :)

People can fight over what AI really means, but I'm still here, still trying to figure out my own life. :p :LOL:

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.