'Win 10 Tweaker' - Recommendation

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Microsoft isn't a charity they are here partially to make money, no one is forced to use Windows - There are alternatives, personally I don't feel Bill Gates is evil in any way - Windows has run well over the years I've used it apart from the glitch here & there - If you distain Windows use an alternative ?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Microsoft isn't a charity they are here partially to make money, no one is forced to use Windows - There are alternatives, personally I don't feel Bill Gates is evil in any way - Windows has run well over the years I've used it apart from the glitch here & there - If you distain Windows use an alternative ?
Well, I just hate how these companies fill the operation system with their services. What if I do want to use Google Drive on Windows and do not want OneDrive to be installed? What of I want to use OneDrive on Android but do not want Google services to be preinstalled?
Using Windows does not mean that I have to deal with Microsoft extra “unneeded” services and to do the tedious job of removing or disabling these services which might cause issues.

F

ForgottenSeer 85179

Well, I just hate how these companies fill the operation system with their services. What if I do want to use Google Drive on Windows and do not want OneDrive to be installed? What of I want to use OneDrive on Android but do not want Google services to be preinstalled?
Using Windows does not mean that I have to deal with Microsoft extra “unneeded” services and to do the tedious job of removing or disabling these services which might cause issues.
This is called: Comfort.
Normal users are not interested in adjustments and are (unfortunately) the majority

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think you can just take out a tick in the settings of OneDrive, so it doesn't start up automatically. Then it should not bother you too much. The only operating system I know that doesn't have unwanted elements is Arch Linux, because you basically build it yourself. And that's a royal pain.

SomeRandomCat

Level 3
Thread author
Well-known
Dec 23, 2020
Kaspersky doesn't like Winaero Tweaker either, it seems.

Edit: It has some cool features, but focuses way more on customization and personalization of the Windows GUI, where as Win 10 Tweaker focues way more on privacy and disabling unwanted Windows components.

Last edited:

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Kaspersky doesn't like Winaero Tweaker either, it seems.

Edit: It has some cool features, but focuses way more on customization and personalization of the Windows GUI, where as Win 10 Tweaker focues way more on privacy and disabling unwanted Windows components.
Yes and it just had a small update again to change the windows 10 loading loop of animated dots to Windows 10X boot animation.

There is a download link for 19.1 or if you just want the animation changed that page also had two .reg files to change and reverse the change!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Just reported to Kaspersky -> Winaero Tweaker last version false positive, I have it installed and the previous version did not trigger Kaspersky detection, so some changes in the last version are the cause :unsure: ...

Component: File Anti-Virus
Result description: Detected
Name: UDS: DangerousObject.Multi.Generic
Precision: Exactly
Threat level: High
Object type: File
Object name: WinaeroTweaker.exe
Object path: C:\Program Files\Winaero Tweaker
MD5: DC4C2CAFA8074F100130B05BB1503F56
Reason: Cloud Protection

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.