Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
No update option for Windows 10 Home users yet?
You just have to wait:

Approach on update availability and rollout​

In this work, learn and connect from home environment where people are relying on their PCs more than ever before, we are taking a measured seeker-based rollout approach to the October 2020 Update. We are throttling availability over the coming weeks to ensure a reliable download experience, so the update may not be offered to you right away. Additionally, some devices might have a compatibility issue for which a safeguard hold is in place, so we will not offer the update until we are confident that you will have a good update experience.
However, if you want to upgrade immediately, Microsoft supports multiple ways to install a new Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool and Update Assistant.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Found an issue
When updated through Windows Assistant there shall be two Edge versions installed on the system, v84 (came with the ISO) and newer v86 (which was already installed).

I noticed this with HiBit Uninstaller which shows that Edge weights near 1Gb now.

Do not try to uninstall Edge until Microsoft fix this as you won't be able to reinstall it unless you use force like I did.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Found an issue
When updated through Windows Assistant there shall be two Edge versions installed on the system, v84 (came with the ISO) and newer v86 (which was already installed).

I noticed this with HiBit Uninstaller which shows that Edge weights near 1Gb now.

Do not try to uninstall Edge until Microsoft fix this as you won't be able to reinstall it unless you use force like I did.

I used Windows Update Assistant and this didn't happen in my system.

Capturar.PNG

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
figured out what happened to 2004 on my systems. some drivers got messed up.

this was a random wide problem for some users on 2004.

is this fixed in 20h2? also to go to 20h2 do i have to rely on 2004 upgrade first (coming from 1909)? work laptop is on 1909 and i dont have the luxury to prevent updates since its controlled to some extend by company.

Reactions: Protomartyr

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.